Post-Punk - Which is the greatest album?

Which is the greatest post-punk album?

• Public Image Limited - Metal Box

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures

• Magazine - Real Life

• Killing Joke - Killing Joke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above - another post-punk classic

• None of the above - post-punk was an abomination

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have recently become addicted to listening to Public Image Ltd - Metal Box, to the point where I listen to it walking home from work, listen to it in the gym and then listen again on the walk into work. I am utterly smitten by the 'sound' of the album (I would be more than happy if it was instrumental).

The poll is 4 of my all time favourite records - all released between 1978 -1980. I was born in 1971, which means that John Peel mananged to positively influence a child of 7-9 years old to love some edgy, some might say, negative sounds.

I absolutely love all 4 of these albums and could not contenance being parted from them. i permanently have ripped to both my mobile phone and my MP3 player (just in case of battery issues).

I think I might be a little obsessed ...

Dave5N

Über Member
FFS, Entertainment, obviously

:blush:

col

Legendary Member
That was a great period for new wave punks,Do you remember the devolution band,wierd but fun,999 also has some good songs,And one really wierd group,the dickies,now there was group:smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have a Devo album, and a few singles. PiL were good too, I have "Paris in the Spring" (though I haven't listened to it in about 12 yrs!!!!). I had Metal Box in the Metal Box, but I don't seem to have it any more. Odd that....:sad:

OP
OP
dmoan

dmoan

Guru
Dave5N said:
Well put it on the bloody poll then!

OT - If your location (In A Rut) means what I think it means - The Crack is actually one of my favourite albums of all time - it is also an album which I never leave the house without.

col

Legendary Member
Ill have to have a dig around the attic,iv got a few somewhere,devo,999,blondie,boomtown rats,police,stranglers,and even a yellow vinyle of the dickies too i think?

Top Bottom