Pre Diabetes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Anything that has sugar or starch carbohydrates can easily and quickly be converted into glucose by the body. That's the issue carbohydrates are in almost all processed foods in large amounts.

Domus

Guru
Cut down cakes and biscuits drastically since diagnosis. Cut portion size of pasta, rice and potatoes a little. Also tried the whole-wheat pasta, not keen so settled on 50-50 as a compromise. Completed couch to 5K week 2 this morning and weighed in this morning at 77.2 Kgs. 2 Kgs loss in a month. Just got to keep it going. :okay:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Anything that has sugar or starch carbohydrates can easily and quickly be converted into glucose by the body. That's the issue carbohydrates are in almost all processed foods in large amounts.

and in many unprocessed foods as well. That where the carbs in processed come from. They are not added separate .

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
and in many unprocessed foods as well. That where the carbs in processed come from. They are not added separate .

I was watching Dr Jason Fung on YT. He said that the carbs that are refined, also often have the satiety markers removed. Meaning you can easily overdo refined carb intake, exacerbating blood sugar issues

For those struggling to control glucose levels, all forms a carbs, whether natural or from refined sources need to be drastically reduced.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I was watching Dr Jason Fung on YT. He said that the carbs that are refined, also often have the satiety markers removed. Meaning you can easily overdo refined carb intake, exacerbating blood sugar issues

For those struggling to control glucose levels, all forms a carbs, whether natural or from refined sources need to be drastically reduced.

Safety markers , what do you mean by that? The raw ingredients aren’t manufactured so what are you referring to?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I've dropped 27lb in 6 weeks, transitioned to low carb, high fat diet, zero refined carbs and employ OMAD one meal a day eating pattern.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Safety Satiety markers , what do you mean by that? The raw ingredients aren’t manufactured so what are you referring to?
For example flour, when processed from the grain, other natural nutrients are removed in processing which do influence peoples sense of being satisfied from eating said food.

Last edited:

grldtnr

I read an article once about how important the satiety response is. Naturally I've forgotten it all now. I don't know why I bother. I think it went "blah blah leptins blah blah".
I am Diabectic , but only just, type 2, I do know if I do binge on something I shouldn't, it happens sometimes, then come meal times I don't feel like eating that meal, it's a vicious circle, the worst things are choco bars or a decadent slice of cake, If I do succumb, it buggers everything up food wise, so I don't buy it, can't eat it.
What mean is that, for some, a slice of cake ,a few biccies with the tea, i don't do, I get the sugar rush, I feel sayited, but It doesn't last, I would then over indulge, a fool to myself.
It's strange , if you don't go overboard with carbs then you don't feel hunger, do I try now to follow the low carb High fat diet.
Supper to night will be sardines on toast & a salad( brined, a good splash of vinegar, carb content about 30 gems, a daily allowance of less than 100.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
My instant glucose levels are beginning to look better, with them now back in the lower segment of normal range. :smile:

I'm due a A1C retest around Christmas

Domus

Guru
Just started week 6 of Couch to 5 K this morning and weighed in at 75.8 Kgs.
My cake consumption is at almost zero and my carb portions are smaller.
Very pleased with the weight, when diagnosed I was hovering around 80 Kgs

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Just started week 6 of Couch to 5 K this morning and weighed in at 75.8 Kgs.
My cake consumption is at almost zero and my carb portions are smaller.
Very pleased with the weight, when diagnosed I was hovering around 80 Kgs

Did the GP conduct an hbA1C glucose test to diagnose your Prediabetes?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I test my glucose a couple times a week, the levels are around 4.8-5.3 fasted.

I have to take them later morning, as I have a natural glucose spike, known as 'dawn phenomenon' :ohmy:.

Most days I eat between 3pm to 6pm, but often just have one meal around 5pm. I just drink water, black tea and black coffee through my fasted period

I try to keep my carbs very low, even zero most days I do have the odd cheat meal.

Top Bottom