Premium fuel or Regular fuel (what do you use)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
If it's the same style system, (water Injection) a former colleague ran a Saab 99 turbo beautiful car IMO, in the late 1970s, all sorts of tuning done to it plus water injection...the thing was an absolute beast, but a sleeper at the same time. Itd touch 100 mph in double quick time..at that time.
Downside was...it had so much done to it it became somewhat unreliable, but a real punch you into the seat car.

Just had a look, it was an Optional Extra on the Saab (factory fit), yep same idea and principles.

Apparently BMW have had a factory fit option recently as well.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
As regards sediment at the filling station, one view is not to fill up if you see the tanker on the forecourt.

The thinking is filling the bulk tanks disturbs the sediment within them, which settles again after a little while.

A couple of diesels I had responded to an Italian tune-up - a blast down the motorway for 30 or 40 miles.

screenman

Legendary Member
As regards sediment at the filling station, one view is not to fill up if you see the tanker on the forecourt.

The thinking is filling the bulk tanks disturbs the sediment within them, which settles again after a little while.

A couple of diesels I had responded to an Italian tune-up - a blast down the motorway for 30 or 40 miles.

The pickup is at the bottom of that tank, also any sediment goes through a few filters before it gets near the internals of an engine.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I have to use Shell thanks to the company fuel card. For 6 months at least they have been banging on about them offsetting your carbon so that you can go zero carbon.

A quick look at the (very) small print reveals only if you buy the premium fuel and it only counts for the month of September this year!

keithmac

Guru
This is our old diesel filter, its job is to catch anything thats got past the filters at the forecourt and the pre-filter in the fuel tank.

It's a service item, even if you got traces of sediment in your tank this would catch it.

As Screenman says the pickup in the ground tanks is at the bottom, so doesn't make a jot of difference if its been filled by a tanker recently or not really.

Top Bottom