Presta Valves without lock nut

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Is it okay to have presta valves without the locknut, never had them like that before but new bike has come with no locknuts.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Yes, i actually seek out valves with no thread where they are available. My track pump fits better when it isn't being forced over the threads and in theory should seal better.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

These have threads just no locknuts, I will be swapping them out shortly for slime filled anyway, rims are tubeless but looking on Schwalbe website the Smart Sams aren't

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I would draw the OP's attention to Rule #60 :whistle:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I would draw the OP's attention to Rule #60 :whistle:
Rule 60. At night your cycle MUST have white front and red rear lights lit. ... Flashing lights are permitted but it is recommended that cyclists who are riding in areas without street lighting use a steady front lamp.

Nope can't see the relevance

footloose crow

Über Member
This Rule 60?

RULE #60 || Use the washer-nut and valve-stem cap when changing inner tubes. They each serve a purpose even you can figure out

I had a crisis about what to do with my washer nut on my new bike. In the end I left if half way up the thread. Can't scratch the rim and it there in case.....umm, in case.....just in case.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I would draw the OP's attention to Rule #60
Rule 60. . . . lights . . .
Nope can't see the relevance
Nope: this Rule #60 ('#' is important in this context, btw, link witheld):
"Ditch the washer-nut and valve-stem cap. You are not, under any circumstances, to employ the use of the washer-nut and valve-stem cap that come with your inner-tubes or tubulars. They are only supplied to meet shipping regulations. They are useless when it comes to tubes and tires."
A Presta valve stem cap can be useful if cut in half. Screwed down onto the Presta valve, a Shraeder pump head will give some sort of fit to get a bit of air in, if the rider has no access to a pump/inflator with a Presta valve head.

Top Bottom