Prettiest CX bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

No - that belongs to someone else. Someone nutty enough to race CX fixed.

Mine will similar though - albeit with an IS mount on the back.

Howard

Future is here, for reals.

9364157111_0a1de3baf8.jpg

OK - those SRAM hoods are never going to be pretty.

Interestingly - front has a 15mm thru axle.

David Haworth

Future is here, for reals.

9364157111_0a1de3baf8.jpg

OK - those SRAM hoods are never going to be pretty.

Interestingly - front has a 15mm thru axle.

But why haven't they included support for that chainstay integrated speed/cadence sensor that giant have in most if their road bikes?

Must say I do like the new tcx's but I saw this in Evans the other week and went weak at the knees...

13_novapro.jpg

A jamis nova pro di2...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Howard

That Jamis would be much better with a seatpost battery. Bottle mounts add to the clutter, too.

The TCX above is a pure race rig. Cadence / speed not really a priority - questions usually asked are "am I winning?" and "is my heart about to explode?"

David Haworth

That Jamis would be much better with a seatpost battery. Bottle mounts add to the clutter, too.

Actually, I don't mind the battery there. it might be better with it integrated but I don't mind it.

The TCX above is a pure race rig. Cadence / speed not really a priority - questions usually asked are "am I winning?" and "is my heart about to explode?"

I'd argue that their TCR advanced AL is a pure race rig too and it's got the sensors built in...

VamP

Banned
Yeah that Jamis looks half baked.

In CX cadence is - am I pedalling slow enough to keep rear wheel grip and speed is - am I catching the guy in front. Sensors are superfluous and in fact I challenge anyone to take a peek at their readout while racing. Can't be done.

Howard

I'd argue that their TCR advanced AL is a pure race rig too and it's got the sensors built in...

And it is a full race race rig - a criterium rig. But the TCX is designed for pro cyclocross. Priorities are somewhat different.

VamP - I have my Garmin set up with Elapsed time and HR in a massive font. I do take a quick glance from time to time.

VamP

Banned
And it is a full race race rig - a criterium rig. But the TCX is designed for pro cyclocross. Priorities are somewhat different.

VamP - I have my Garmin set up with Elapsed time and HR in a massive font. I do take a quick glance from time to time.

I also occasionally peek. But it's not easy. Mainly to see how much time is left.

Howard

1372710375332-km8eb27xcdr0-670-75.jpg

Bloody hell I want this TCX. But that thru axle is a show stopper. I'd have to get all my fecking front wheels rebuilt! Gah.

Top Bottom