Prince Philip "retires"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4788137, member: 259"]Have you ever been to Slough?[/QUOTE]
Have to think about that one, I think I once had to do a delivery there, quite a tricky loading bay to reverse onto, but maybe that wasn't Slough

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4788139, member: 259"]Personally I'd find it extremely boring. And you'd have to entertain politicians,which can't be easy.[/QUOTE]
And 'normal' people!

byegad

Legendary Member
I have little time for Royalty, the only good, politically, that they seem to do is occupy a position in the parade of the 'great and good' that would otherwise be held by a President Thatcher or Blair.
The hangers on, sorry minor royals, are something of a waste to my mind....

BUT....

I think the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are worth their weight in gold to this country.

He has had a propensity to insert his foot in his mouth at times, but on the whole I think the UK is a better place for us all because he was the consort. The Duke of Edinburgh's awards and many of his other charities have been a boon to many. While he's clearly an upper class twit at times the good he's done offsets the gaffs, and his support for hunting, shooting and fishing most of which I don't get my approval.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Even ignoring then royal malarkey, he was a naval Captain who mustered out with the rank of Commander. He didn't get that gold braid free with his Frosties. He probably did more work there than the Jeremy Kyle fodder do in a lifetime.

He's worked almost 5 decades more than I will.
Much as i am a bit meh on the royal front i do agree in general they do their bit before settling down to a life of hand shaking and " oh isnt that interesting "

18301165_10211118172982131_1535650993469975805_n.jpg

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
What a horridly laid out website the DM is!!
:eek:

And I believe those "parasites" bring in more to the economy than they take by a long shot.

Just look at the pictures on the right hand side. There should be several of celebrities in bikinis. There may be a story attached, but that's not relevant. Just look at the naked flesh.

With regard to the articles, just tut and mutter "Its not like it used to be", "going to Hell in a hand cart" and "It's disgusting" in a random order, and purchase the stuff advertised, as they clearly are trying to reach people with high moral standards just like you.

Mrs M is due home from work shortly; I am not sure how to tell her that I have decided to retire. Well, I say retire, what I really mean is I have decided to stop walking about with my hands behind my back making irrelevant comments to strangers.

byegad

Legendary Member
Mrs M is due home from work shortly; I am not sure how to tell her that I have decided to retire. Well, I say retire, what I really mean is I have decided to stop walking about with my hands behind my back making irrelevant comments to strangers.
I'm sure somebody told me that that was your job? We all thought it was more of a hobby!

thecube

Just look at the pictures on the right hand side. There should be several of celebrities in bikinis. There may be a story attached, but that's not relevant. Just look at the naked flesh.

QUOTE]

Now I'm normally happy enough to look at ladies in bikinis, but even I have grown bored of the banal stories attached to most of these articles - it's normally just free publicity for some pointless / talentless self obsessed celeb.

Top Bottom