Prince Philip "retires"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

I have been sworn at by Philip.

Still, I'm sure there'll be no shortage of people to take over his sterling work in this respect.
We haven't had a name drop for a bit. That one goes in the top five.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
A slightly ignorant comment which nicely insults All the WW2 sailors who served their country

Taking part in battles in a warship and serving your country is not considered a day's work

I wil remember to inform the veterans that their sacrifices and efforts were not considered adequate by someone on the internet
Where did i mention all ww2 sailors, Iam talking about one man, Or is there more than one prince Philip.:wacko:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I know a student who swam the English Channel, ran the entire length of continental Europe, cycled all the way to Nepal and climbed Mount Everest with a fridge on his back. He was then awarded the Duke of Edinburgh.

pplpilot

Guru
Anyone who supports this family /constitution simply does not have the right to moan about cuts to services, the lack of Police, nurses, teachers, gp's etc. not when we GIVE them 100's of millions/year. Let's start right there. And please before anyone pipes up about the tourism myth I suggest you do some research.

Second most important question: How will his retirement affect his cargo cult?

article-0-04A611DA0000044D-248_468x286.jpg

Julia9054

Guru
[QUOTE 4788592, member: 259"]Forgot to mention, my daughter's off on a walk and overnight camp at the weekend that should get her enough points to get her Duke of Edinburgh bronze award and she's dead proud - and so are we, as it gets her out of her bedroom and off Snapchat.[/QUOTE]
Every year i have a most enjoyable day cycling round the Yorkshire Dales doing head counts of bronze DofE students to make sure they haven't drowned in rivers, been eaten by zombies, turned into one giant blister etc.

Where did i mention all ww2 sailors, Iam talking about one man, Or is there more than one prince Philip.:wacko:

Lets go back one step.

You clearly stated ;
How the **** can he retire, he has never done a days work in his life.:wacko:

Lets take one illustrative point that Prince Phillip was "Mentioned in despatches" at the Battle of Matapan in 1941

This you clearly state is not equivalent to a day's work

Therefore anyone who was Mentioned in despatches, or taking part in a Naval battle is also not performing the equivalent of a day's work

It is so simple.

If you served in WW2 and were mentioned in despatches it is either considered a "day's work", or not

So either your original premise is ridiculous or you are insulting veterans

I look forward to a simple answer

Is serving your Country and participating in a major sea battle in WW2 worth considering as equivalent to "a day's work" or not?

Every year i have a most enjoyable day cycling round the Yorkshire Dales doing head counts of bronze DofE students to make sure they haven't drowned in rivers, been eaten by zombies, turned into one giant blister etc.

The Scouts could learn from that....

merit-badge.jpg

Top Bottom