Problem with Airzound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have found it very dificult to use when executing an emergency stop, eyes out on stalks, back wheel threatening to become the front one, hand hard on the brakes. Poor airzound is feeling very neglected, sorry AZ, will try and think of you next time in my nanosecond thinking/reaction times.

'tis better to stop in time than to let people know you are about to hit them.

BSRU

A Human Being
If I am making an emergency stop the last thing I am thinking about is my Airzound, even though it is right next to my rear brake lever and easy to reach.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Where have you got it installed?

Mine is installed under the hoods so that I can sound it off whilst braking.

allthegear

Airzound is for bullies. You're better off without it.

I wouldn't be without mine, though I use it infrequently.

I credit it with being able to avoid a car that failed to give way to me when I was on a roundabout (Similar to the helmet comments I know).

I was able to sound the horn before the car entered the roundabout, waking the dozy driver up, sufficient that we could both take avoiding action, rather than just me.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Not necessarily - I used mine yesterday after a group of 3 of us had just overtaken a young lady on a bike and who were now in the process of overtaking a bus at a bus stop. The lady behind also started to overtake the bus just as it did the "millisecond-indicate-and-then-pull-out" manouvre. Our group was almost alongside the cab when the driver started this, so I assume the lady behind was just about past the rear wheels... I tooted to get the driver's attention to the situation and he stopped his move thus allowing the cyclist behind us to get past him safely before he pulled out into the traffic. Nothing bullying about it - simply thought it necessary to tell the driver he was not checking carefully enough.

thomas

the tank engine
If you put it on the drops like I do:
http://www.airzound....use-and-set-up/

Then when you break in an emergency you're likely to hit it at the same time. I've taken my airzound off as I've not been commuting during rush hour so don't have as much of a need.

I'd worry more about breaking, than using the Airzound depending on the situation.

annndddd the AirZound isn't a bully boy device - it depends how you use it.

Alan Whicker

I'm another Airzound fan. Used it this morning when a black cab decided to drift within a micron of my right arm on Lower Thames street. I doubt he'd have heard my bell, but he certainly heard that.

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
If you put it on the drops like I do:
http://www.airzound....use-and-set-up/

Then when you break in an emergency you're likely to hit it at the same time. I've taken my airzound off as I've not been commuting during rush hour so don't have as much of a need.

I'd worry more about breaking, than using the Airzound depending on the situation.

annndddd the AirZound isn't a bully boy device - it depends how you use it.

Yes, thats where mine is mounted. You have to move your hand forward to use the brake hard, then its effectively out of reach, although only by about 2 inches.
Must say thanks for your page above, when I bought mine I used it as a reference, cheers.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

Or for people who can see a close shave about to happen and can use the airzound to warn other road users that you are there , not all of us are bullies, all because you do not like them do not be narrow minded enough to see that some people use them responsibly .

Top Bottom