Problems with Bkool

Discussion in 'Virtual Training: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others' started by bridgy, 20 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. bridgy

bridgy Guru

I have the opportunity to send a list of problems with Bkool direct to their management. Please post in this thread any serious/fixable problems you would like me to pass on......

2. Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

Be nice to delete your courses

Tell us why a ride doesn't get converted to 3D / Video even if it complies with the rules

Randyberlin and theboxers like this.
  3. Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

And another one, Get rid of all the courses uploaded where someone has done a static ride ... or a ride in zwift, easy to spot, excessive duration with about 30ft of movement

5. OP
    OP
    bridgy

bridgy Guru

Ability to delete scheduled rides was included in the recent update - you can do that now on the website

Randyberlin likes this.
  6. Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

Not a scheduled ride, if you create a course and the elevation data is ballsed up, for example, it would be nice to be able to delete it.

theboxers, gbrown and bridgy like this.
  7. bobinski

bobinski Guru

Remove the advantage pro users have./Change the algorithm to ensure pro watts are more accurate
    Allow PM use
    Remove dead stops

less important-concentrate on say top 20 courses and improve visuals.

gbrown likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    bridgy

bridgy Guru

Ah OK, sorry Aleman I misunderstood. Cheers

9. peterob

peterob Senior Member

As above, plus....

Show all scheduled rides on bsim (+ favourites)
    Improve upload times
    Sort out search filters. E.g:
    - filtering for routes created by me does not show my routes
    - filtering for riders by name does not show them
    Don't keep creating routes from my external Strava recorded rides unless I request it
    Sort out the cycling in mid-air warmdown

JJRobinson, gbrown and theboxers like this.
  10. gbrown

gbrown Geoff on Bkool

As well as the major issues everyone lists (Pro advantages, unrealistic watts, dead-stops) I would say the number of stupid little bugs is far too high. I would suggest freezing the features and putting developers onto stomping out bug after bug, to improve general quality.

Worth stressing that the feature set for bkool is already great, especially the unmatched ability to run any course including your own, with 3D multi-users and the leagues. We know we can't do what we all enjoy on any other system!

Focus on quality first!

Geoff

JJRobinson, Whorty, Jim Brown and 2 others like this.
  11. OP
    OP
    bridgy

bridgy Guru

@Breedon I'm not sure what you mean by "Over write course pb so bkool doesn't save the old one" - can you expand?

Re: "They've stopped you from joining a 1 hour record velodrome session even if it's not private, have it back to how it was as you could join" - I know what you mean this annoyed me at first, but there is the option now to just start your own velodrome ride from within the Sim at that point so I do this if there's no live rides I can join

12. gbrown

gbrown Geoff on Bkool

Automatically remove obviously crazy results, for example, where riders finish a course in a few seconds. It shouldn't be too hard to add code to check average watts/kg and average speed and if faster than any human could manage just remove the result from the rankings. What use is a ranking where the fastest rider averaged 100mph? Loads of courses are polluted with these kind of results.

It really would help if courses could be deleted, just to avoid cluttering up and making finding courses much harder. When every strava linked commute is converted to a course that is obviously going to degrade the quality of courses available. It's not a benefit to have thousands of pointless courses and repetitions.

Perhaps there could be a distinction between private courses and public courses?

borchgrevink and JJRobinson like this.
  13. gbrown

gbrown Geoff on Bkool

Don't default to Real Weather, who wants to ride in darkness all winter, that's the whole point of virtual riding to avoid the dark and rain. Currently have to turn off Real Weather every time.

This is typical of a "clever" feature which is great for marketing but actually adds very little to the experience. Better quality would retain far more customers than virtual rides in the dark!

Geoff

Randyberlin, theboxers and bridgy like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    bridgy

bridgy Guru

Do people still experience the dead stops issue? Personally I can't remember the last time that happened - whilst it was a major problem for a while some time ago? Have I just been lucky?!

15. OP
    OP
    bridgy

bridgy Guru

Any regular in-ride Bsim issues/glitches to report?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice