Problems with Bkool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I have the opportunity to send a list of problems with Bkool direct to their management. Please post in this thread any serious/fixable problems you would like me to pass on......

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Be nice to delete your courses

Tell us why a ride doesn't get converted to 3D / Video even if it complies with the rules

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
And another one, Get rid of all the courses uploaded where someone has done a static ride ... or a ride in zwift, easy to spot, excessive duration with about 30ft of movement

Breedon

Legendary Member
The same as Bob really the starts on a neo and kickr are stupidly slow as we use power meters
Just make racing against none power meter trainers more fair.
Over write course pb so bkool doesn't save the old one
Improve 3d so you dont go up a 90° slope or go backwards and fourth and get dizzy i found it can get quite distracting.
On bsim have all your favourites show
They've stopped you from joining a 1 hour record velodrome session even if it's not private, have it back to how it was as you could join.
Get rid of the many many routes that are about 20 feet longer than the same course, if you know what i mean

bobinski

Legendary Member
Remove the advantage pro users have./Change the algorithm to ensure pro watts are more accurate
Allow PM use
Remove dead stops

less important-concentrate on say top 20 courses and improve visuals.

peterob

Veteran
As above, plus....

Show all scheduled rides on bsim (+ favourites)
Improve upload times
Sort out search filters. E.g:
- filtering for routes created by me does not show my routes
- filtering for riders by name does not show them
Don't keep creating routes from my external Strava recorded rides unless I request it
Sort out the cycling in mid-air warmdown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
As well as the major issues everyone lists (Pro advantages, unrealistic watts, dead-stops) I would say the number of stupid little bugs is far too high. I would suggest freezing the features and putting developers onto stomping out bug after bug, to improve general quality.

Worth stressing that the feature set for bkool is already great, especially the unmatched ability to run any course including your own, with 3D multi-users and the leagues. We know we can't do what we all enjoy on any other system!

Focus on quality first!

Geoff

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
@Breedon I'm not sure what you mean by "Over write course pb so bkool doesn't save the old one" - can you expand?

Re: "They've stopped you from joining a 1 hour record velodrome session even if it's not private, have it back to how it was as you could join" - I know what you mean this annoyed me at first, but there is the option now to just start your own velodrome ride from within the Sim at that point so I do this if there's no live rides I can join

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Automatically remove obviously crazy results, for example, where riders finish a course in a few seconds. It shouldn't be too hard to add code to check average watts/kg and average speed and if faster than any human could manage just remove the result from the rankings. What use is a ranking where the fastest rider averaged 100mph? Loads of courses are polluted with these kind of results.

It really would help if courses could be deleted, just to avoid cluttering up and making finding courses much harder. When every strava linked commute is converted to a course that is obviously going to degrade the quality of courses available. It's not a benefit to have thousands of pointless courses and repetitions.

Perhaps there could be a distinction between private courses and public courses?

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Don't default to Real Weather, who wants to ride in darkness all winter, that's the whole point of virtual riding to avoid the dark and rain. Currently have to turn off Real Weather every time.

This is typical of a "clever" feature which is great for marketing but actually adds very little to the experience. Better quality would retain far more customers than virtual rides in the dark!

Geoff

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
Remove the advantage pro users have./Change the algorithm to ensure pro watts are more accurate
Allow PM use
Remove dead stops

less important-concentrate on say top 20 courses and improve visuals.
Do people still experience the dead stops issue? Personally I can't remember the last time that happened - whilst it was a major problem for a while some time ago? Have I just been lucky?!

Top Bottom