Problems with Bkool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
Do people still experience the dead stops issue? Personally I can't remember the last time that happened - whilst it was a major problem for a while some time ago? Have I just been lucky?!

Personally I've never experienced a dead-stop so maybe I've been lucky. But I've only really recently being using BKool regularly (October) so it may have been more of an issue before then.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Don't default to Real Weather, who wants to ride in darkness all winter, that's the whole point of virtual riding to avoid the dark and rain. Currently have to turn off Real Weather every time.

This is typical of a "clever" feature which is great for marketing but actually adds very little to the experience. Better quality would retain far more customers than virtual rides in the dark!

Geoff
Or give us the ability to turn it off in the ride, I know another feature the screw up.
Any regular in-ride Bsim issues/glitches to report?
Don't take away my classics low watt/high gradient boosts :eek:.

Breedon

Legendary Member
@Breedon I'm not sure what you mean by "Over write course pb so bkool doesn't save the old one" - can you expand?

Re: "They've stopped you from joining a 1 hour record velodrome session even if it's not private, have it back to how it was as you could join" - I know what you mean this annoyed me at first, but there is the option now to just start your own velodrome ride from within the Sim at that point so I do this if there's no live rides I can join
It's when you do a course and you set a course record each time, it then saves every record for example you could have 4 records on say alp d'heuz, some one can then challenge any of those times.
why cant they have just have 1 course time.
Dont know if that makes anymore sense

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
It's when you do a course and you set a course record each time, it then saves every record for example you could have 4 records on say alp d'heuz, some one can then challenge any of those times.
why cant they have just have 1 course time.
Dont know if that makes anymore sense
Sorry, still not completely sure what you mean? Are you talking about the times for a course that show up when you click on the course name and choose "ranking"? And all the times you've done that course in show up instead of just your fastest?

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
@BILL S any issues from the perspective of a league admin? i.e setting up leagues, approving/deleting/amending rides etc etc? Thanks.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Do people still experience the dead stops issue? Personally I can't remember the last time that happened - whilst it was a major problem for a while some time ago? Have I just been lucky?!
My bad- i thought some experienced them in the last handicap i did.

BILL S

Guru
@BILL S any issues from the perspective of a league admin? i.e setting up leagues, approving/deleting/amending rides etc etc? Thanks.

Definitely an issue with finding the course you want to assign to a stage. It can be quite hard/impossible to find some of them. Usually the ones created by bkool are the easiest to find. Using the filters to find the ride including typing in the name of the person who recorded the ride to find it, usually doesn't work. We've always got by somehow though so not a massive issue. Adding ghosts is often very hit or miss also. For the past few weeks, only certain ghosts seem to be available to add.

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
Definitely an issue with finding the course you want to assign to a stage. It can be quite hard/impossible to find some of them. Usually the ones created by bkool are the easiest to find. Using the filters to find the ride including typing in the name of the person who recorded the ride to find it, usually doesn't work. We've always got by somehow though so not a massive issue. Adding ghosts is often very hit or miss also. For the past few weeks, only certain ghosts seem to be available to add.
Thanks. Any thoughts on accepting/deleting rides and the filters you can adjust to make a ride flag up for authorisation etc?

BILL S

Guru
Thanks. Any thoughts on accepting/deleting rides and the filters you can adjust to make a ride flag up for authorisation etc?
Thanks Paul. It would be nice if the default options for setting up a league were set to the simplest, where all rides that are completed are accepted automatically. If the admin wants to add complexities like HR/cadence/weight and so on then the admin could modify the default settings. their present default settings have to be altered so that as many as possible are accepted. Not a big deal for me but confusing for new admins trying to set up a league.

Brusgaard

Über Guru

Sure - there were at least 3 of them on this route, which I rode last week: http://www.bkool.com/profile/detail/3856152?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1

It depends a lot on your weight, I guess, as a lighter rider shot strait past me on those dead-stops. Using a Classic or the old FW 3.02 Pro, you still don’t experience them, regardless of weight, as far as I know.

I think Jacob hit one on the first stage Saturday, at which point his chain dropped.

EDIT:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwrASc81hq0&feature=youtu.be&t=965&app=desktop

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Sure - there were at least 3 of them on this route, which I rode last week: http://www.bkool.com/profile/detail/3856152?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1

It depends a lot on your weight, I guess, as a lighter rider shot strait past me on those dead-stops. Using a Classic or the old FW 3.02 Pro, you still don’t experience them, regardless of weight, as far as I know.

I think Jacob hit one on the first stage Saturday, at which point his chain dropped.
When i used my classic i never ever had a dead stop and the same with my neo.

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member

Ok thanks. Maybe I'm just not fast enough any more!

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

Hi Mr Bridgy

I can’t find any information anywhere to make time and/or distance amendments when authorising leagues... I could do with more ‘Admin User Info’.

Also, I’ve been attempting to upload gpx ‘from file’ but it’s always “incompatible”. I want to set up a new long distance League, similar to LEJoG but can’t, cos it won’t accept the files.

Ta

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
Or maybe you lost some/just enough weight?
Maybe that's it - although general moaning about it has reduced a lot so they must have done something to improve it. Weight is 76kgs and has been for a few months- I think started at 78kg

Top Bottom