Problems with Bkool

Discussion in 'Virtual Training: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others' started by bridgy, 20 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. peterob

peterob Senior Member

Personally I've never experienced a dead-stop so maybe I've been lucky. But I've only really recently being using BKool regularly (October) so it may have been more of an issue before then.

2. theboxers

theboxers TheBoxers on Bkool

Or give us the ability to turn it off in the ride, I know another feature the screw up.
    Don't take away my classics low watt/high gradient boosts :eek:.

Bored Man likes this.
  3. It's when you do a course and you set a course record each time, it then saves every record for example you could have 4 records on say alp d'heuz, some one can then challenge any of those times.
    why cant they have just have 1 course time.
    Dont know if that makes anymore sense

4. OP
    OP
    bridgy

bridgy Guru

Sorry, still not completely sure what you mean? Are you talking about the times for a course that show up when you click on the course name and choose "ranking"? And all the times you've done that course in show up instead of just your fastest?

5. OP
    OP
    bridgy

bridgy Guru

@BILL S any issues from the perspective of a league admin? i.e setting up leagues, approving/deleting/amending rides etc etc? Thanks.

6. bobinski

bobinski Guru

My bad- i thought some experienced them in the last handicap i did.

7. BILL S

BILL S Veteran

Definitely an issue with finding the course you want to assign to a stage. It can be quite hard/impossible to find some of them. Usually the ones created by bkool are the easiest to find. Using the filters to find the ride including typing in the name of the person who recorded the ride to find it, usually doesn't work. We've always got by somehow though so not a massive issue. Adding ghosts is often very hit or miss also. For the past few weeks, only certain ghosts seem to be available to add.

8. OP
    OP
    bridgy

bridgy Guru

Thanks. Any thoughts on accepting/deleting rides and the filters you can adjust to make a ride flag up for authorisation etc?

9. BILL S

BILL S Veteran

Thanks Paul. It would be nice if the default options for setting up a league were set to the simplest, where all rides that are completed are accepted automatically. If the admin wants to add complexities like HR/cadence/weight and so on then the admin could modify the default settings. their present default settings have to be altered so that as many as possible are accepted. Not a big deal for me but confusing for new admins trying to set up a league.

10. Brusgaard

Brusgaard Über Guru

Sure - there were at least 3 of them on this route, which I rode last week: http://www.bkool.com/profile/detail/3856152?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1

It depends a lot on your weight, I guess, as a lighter rider shot strait past me on those dead-stops. Using a Classic or the old FW 3.02 Pro, you still don’t experience them, regardless of weight, as far as I know.

I think Jacob hit one on the first stage Saturday, at which point his chain dropped.

EDIT:
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwrASc81hq0&feature=youtu.be&t=965&app=desktop

Last edited: 20 Feb 2018
    bridgy likes this.
  11. When i used my classic i never ever had a dead stop and the same with my neo.

12. OP
    OP
    bridgy

bridgy Guru

Ok thanks. Maybe I'm just not fast enough any more!

13. Brusgaard

Brusgaard Über Guru

Or maybe you lost some/just enough weight?

14. Bored Man

Bored Man Über Member

Hi Mr Bridgy

I can’t find any information anywhere to make time and/or distance amendments when authorising leagues... I could do with more ‘Admin User Info’.

Also, I’ve been attempting to upload gpx ‘from file’ but it’s always “incompatible”. I want to set up a new long distance League, similar to LEJoG but can’t, cos it won’t accept the files.

Ta

bridgy likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    bridgy

bridgy Guru

Maybe that's it - although general moaning about it has reduced a lot so they must have done something to improve it. Weight is 76kgs and has been for a few months- I think started at 78kg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice