Products you miss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Is raspberry ripple ice cream on the way out? I've not seen any recently.

Not around here - all the supermarkets still stock it

FishFright

More wheels than sense
You can still get Gees linctus. Apparently the junkies like a tipple, so the pharmacist gives you a good eyeballing before selling it.

It's no longer made due to production problems, including that Squill extract is no longer made.
I've just read up on squill , nasty stuff ! Apparently It is UNSAFE for anyone to take squill by mouth

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Kaolin and Morph used to be the hangover cure of choice. The secret was to be very careful not to shake up the kaolin into the the rest of the solution.

Get asked all the time for this. Earlier this year we found an old stash from about 3 years ago so had about 10 to sell off to get rid and now they are gone. No more Kaolin & Morphine where I work!

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I bought a bottle of Gees Linctus last year. Perhaps I should've checked the use by date...

If you have a dry unproductive cough ....

linctus-sugar-free-1524649693Codeine-Linctus-BP-Oral-Solution-Sugar-Free-200ml-Brand-May-Vary-30.jpg

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Rowntrees Walnut Whips. They removed the wallnut due to nut allergies. Placing it in the packet first, then leaving them out altogether.

Warning that they "May contain nuts" wasn't always read/understood.

On a similar theme, I miss proper hazelnut whirls in Cadbury's Roses with a whole hazelnut ensconced in chocolate - not like now where they just have a few slivers of hazelnut in.

Top Bottom