Puncture repair outfits.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Lezyne self adhesive patches hold 120psi for ages, in my experience.

Years in fact...if used properly.

U

User6179

did you use the '1 minute squeeze' technique, or just bang it on like a plaster?

Held it on for like you say, gave the tube a rub with sandpaper first, basically I did exactly what I do with a normal patch minus the glue!
Don't really need them anyway as I carry two spare tubes , only used them this time to see if they worked .

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Held it on for like you say, gave the tube a rub with sandpaper first, basically I did exactly what I do with a normal patch minus the glue!
Don't really need them anyway as I carry two spare tubes , only used them this time to see if they worked .

And you didn't inflate the tube before putting in the tyre, to test or such like?

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Of course it's best if one has one's servant follow in a van with a selection of spare wheels, or even spare bicycles as one is then prepared for an unscheduled deflation.

Even better, when it rains, get one's servant to ride the bike while one drives the van.
Surely you jest? That would mean that one's servant would be having all the fun, which is clearly against the natural order of things.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I hope that the fairy isn't up at this time of night as,since I bought some Skabs and some EBC glueless patches I haven't had a visit. Don't go telling her now.

U

User6179

Strange.
I have never had one fail on me.....yet....and have used a few in my time.

Maybe a faulty patch or was wondering if they lose their adhesive properties over time , were in my saddle bag for a long while .

Hip Priest

Veteran
I use pre-glued patches, but I've recently found to my cost that they're not really suitable for repairing big holes.

Top Bottom