Putting one stone on top of another

Stone balancing is harmless fun

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
No one complains when the makers of Stonehenge stack a few stones? What's the difference?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There's a guy who does it (did it?? not been there for a while) in t'river at Hebden Bridge (not my photo,but seen his efforts while having a coffee with @ColinJ )

View attachment 425932
A couple of weeks ago I cycled over to Hebden Bridge to meet friends for a chat and coffee and sat on the 'wavy steps' where that photo was taken from. Stone-tower-builder-man was there in the river doing his thing. He had also built some very unlikely looking little piles of stones on the wall next to the river. It looked like his wife and kids sat next to them.

He came out of the water and some other children had wandered over and were looking at the stones on the wall. They clearly thought that it was impossible that they could balance like that and must be glued together so he dismantled the piles, and then started giving them stone balancing lessons.

I don't think it does any harm. He builds the piles up, people are entertained for a while and chuck a few coins in his collection box, and then the stones end up back in the same place in the river.

Better than the pillock who thought it would be a good idea to topple the balancing rock at a Utah national park.
A similar act of vandalism took place at Yorkshire's Brimham Rocks recently.

When they first appeared I thought they were great. It's a bit cliched now but hardly ruining the environment and probably an enjoyable way to while away time.

Currently happening here is painted stones left in random places for people to find. I've found about three now whilst out walking. Quite a delightful idea, brings a smile.
Norfolk Rocks?

Norfolk Rocks?
I had to google that but yes exactly that but on the Wirral.

Julia9054

Guru
This is me. My niece made it. It is quite a good likeness.
IMG_4002.JPG

Top Bottom