Quit smoking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
You've cracked it, still the odd small obstacle to get over depending on your social circle, but well done.

That's grat well done!
My oh has been vaping since 1/1/16, and has had great improvemnts with her breathing too. It will no doubt improve further, but golly, think of thte money you have saved for more bike parts!

screenman

Legendary Member
42 years since I packed up, I was lucky in that I had shock treatment to help me pack up. The shock was being 17 and finding my girlfriend was expecting our first child, I have not smoked since.

Old Steve

I just got up one monday morning about 13 or 14 years ago and thought why am i still smoking and then didn't bother smoking again.... the wife followed suit about 4 years later... I would say there has been a massive improvement with my health since..
Good luck to anyone that is going through it or thinking of giving up at the moment.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I have a different problem.

I quit for years then started smoking last year. In November 2015, I bought an ecig. I gave vaped ever since and I'm pretty sure it is not doing me any good, but it's almost harder to stop. If I don't have it for a few days, there's no real sense of achievement. Beating fags is a mission, but a real tangible fight to get your teeth into. Vaping is easier, more convenient, and as a result harder to bloody stop!!

I stopped after many tries by first switching to ecigs too. Then switched to non fag flavours like blueberry and started to treat the vape like medicine - 3 pulls every 45 mins kind of thing. Dropped the nicotine level and then kinda just kept missing 'doses’ and just stopped altogether. Had urges every few days that soon passed... Still get them although very rarely 2 years on. Keep it up, youve certainly done all of the really hard work

Big foot

Well Done! I stopped 43 days ago today. Decided I'd had enough of the booze and cigarettes so stopped both after 28 years of drinking and smoking regularly.
I've bought another bicycle for touring as well as my mountain bikes. I now don't think about drinking or smoking just where I'm going to ride when I make time with the money and added health bonuses. It's a win, win like being reborn lol ☺

tyred

Legendary Member
Well Done! I stopped 43 days ago today. Decided I'd had enough of the booze and cigarettes so stopped both after 28 years of drinking and smoking regularly.
I've bought another bicycle for touring as well as my mountain bikes. I now don't think about drinking or smoking just where I'm going to ride when I make time with the money and added health bonuses. It's a win, win like being reborn lol ☺

Excellent. This is one thing you will never regret :smile:

you will need to cut activities you associate with smoking.
All the best.
Well this is going to sound crazy,but I associate cycling with my smoking :wacko:.
I do about 4 miles of farm roads,and when I get to my trails about 4 miles more before I decide to have a break.

I always go on a certain route,so I can get to a certain spot.A spot of juice,cereal bar and the very thing I have been thinking of since I hit the trails .The dreaded weed.
It's the first thing I think of when I get to the trails.Getting to my spot for a ciggie.
It's almost as if it's a reward for doing 8 miles :laugh: .
Decided this morning that I have no need for cigarettes and it's time to get a grip.
It's going to mean major routine breakers,as really,my day was broken up into ciggie breaks.
Time to change that.

Top Bottom