Quit smoking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
Well done, if you have gone two weeks then you are over the worse bit. I gave up from 40 a day in 2008 and it is without a doubt the best and hardest thing I have done. The benefits however are amazing. Not hacking half a lung up every morning, food tasting better and being able to breathe when it is frosty without it hurting, and the money, bloody hell the money! within 6 months of giving up I had a new flat and a new car because I was so much richer each month.

Keep at it, you can do it.

3 weeks tomorrow. Starting to get better with the breathing :smile:

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
3 weeks tomorrow. Starting to get better with the breathing :smile:
The breathing will get better and better. For me, about three months in, I started hacking up all sorts or crap, but I figured it was my body starting to clear itself. Unpleasant but cathartic at the same time

subaqua

What’s the point
The breathing will get better and better. For me, about three months in, I started hacking up all sorts or crap, but I figured it was my body starting to clear itself. Unpleasant but cathartic at the same time
And it lasts about 6 months. I felt so much better after the yakking up dockers oysters stopped .
Then I got a chest infection as I pushed myself too hard in work. The doc said its a good job I had packed the cigs in .

Just over 12 months after stopping I bought a bike and started the 3 mile ride to work. That was 2010 and I am still off them , and am still riding but lots more on the distance !

Well done those who have given up

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I replaced it with vaping, but want to give that up. Finding there's not such an incentive to give up, which is making it harder to stop.

Lonestar

Veteran
I replaced it with a new years resolution on Dec 31st 1999.

Haven't touched one since.Of course I had given up before and failed.The trick is don't think you can get away with smoking the odd one/or cigarillos.

vickster

Legendary Member
I replaced it with vaping, but want to give that up. Finding there's not such an incentive to give up, which is making it harder to stop.
Costs money (probably comparable to smoking as I understand it), the potential long term ill effects haven't yet come to the fore and it looks ridiculous.

Save money, buy bike stuff, look less daft, job done ;)

Top Bottom