Quit smoking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is. I very occasionally feel like something is missing. Can't really describe it

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
It is. I very occasionally feel like something is missing. Can't really describe it

I sometimes have dreams about smoking or a thought of back when I used to smoke, but I know the reality is that they taste like shite and make you stink even worse but I think you never shake that feeling it is always there lurking somewhere.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For the love of God, don't fall for the old "I'm a non-smoker..... just a couple of puffs won't matter" scam! Therein lies Doom.
Indeed ...! :whistle:

I showed off to my friends by buying a packet of cigarettes to smoke in celebration of the anniversary of stopping. It took me a couple of years to give up again ...
Oops! :blush:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
The first time I gave up I had the same thing. Coughing up gunk for several months. I gave up for 2 1/2 years in the late 90's but started again a couple of years after.
Gave up for good ^_^ Feb 2010 before first granddaughter was 2. She doesn't remember me or GF smoking and it's going to stay like that.
I've no intention of going through the giving up again.
Keep at it. Don't weaken. Get off this thread and stop thinking about it.:cheers:.

I think only 2% of smokers who give up with no help succeed. It really helps if you use something like gum or patches or hypno or that Chinese thing with needles.

Slick

Guru
Sorry, should clarify. I don't feel a need for a cig, it's more a feeling of I should be doing something but don't know what.

I know exactly what you mean, I'm 18 months clear and can still get caught out from time to time. Still my best achievement to date though. Thank God for Champix and cycling.

Top Bottom