R8000 Rear Derailleur: A Word to the Wise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mpemburn

mpemburn

I guess I got lucky that everything (eventually) worked out—though it remains to be see how well after I’ve put a bunch more miles on.

BTW: My crankset is a 50-36, and I have no trouble using all 11-32 cogs while on the small chainring.

Setting this bike up has made me think which order should you do indexing, rear or front first? I’ve always done rear, maybe it doesn’t matter

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I do front as you need to use both chainrings to set your rear UL and LL stops, but it doesn't really matter I think . Particularly as you often end up fine tuning at the end.

Reactions: C R
Setting this bike up has made me think which order should you do indexing, rear or front first? I’ve always done rear, maybe it doesn’t matter

I've been watching the park tool videos on youtube and in the video about adjusting/indexing the rear derailleur they say something along the lines of "if you hear noise coming from the front derailleur, try to not pay attention to it just now" which makes me think the correct order of doing things is to first do the rear and then do the front.

Top Bottom