Raleigh Circuit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Hi , new project found on FBMP. Condition not to bad and I think she should clean up nicely. If someone could have a look at the pics as I want to check that every thing is original. Also the serial number W and G i know the 3 digit is 0 so does that make it 1980?. TIA

20230720_180508.jpg

20230720_180926.jpg

20230720_180435.jpg

20230720_180444.jpg

20230720_180451.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nice one. Looks all original to me, even down to the cables. A pair of period rat traps would finish it nicely.
An entry level model made for the yoof market, and quite a tall one at that.
No clue on the numbers but 1980 sounds about right, W is Worksop made ithink.
I'll bet that ST BB is still okay. Have you given the cranks a wiggle? Might be worth taking it out for a regrease though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pedal pusher

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Nice one. Looks all original to me, even down to the cables. A pair of period rat traps would finish it nicely.
An entry level model made for the yoof market, and quite a tall one at that.
No clue on the numbers but 1980 sounds about right, W is Worksop made ithink.
I'll bet that ST BB is still okay. Have you given the cranks a wiggle? Might be worth taking it out for a regrease though.

Thanks. I have the original pedals and a pair of period toe clips. Given the BB a wiggle seems OK but yea a strip and re grease are in order. Removing the cotter pins will be fun. Haven't done that since I was a kid and I couldn't do it then 😂

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Looks very original and lightly used, even has the pump! I hope you've got long legs and flat roads.

Lovely colour scheme.

OP
OP
Pedal pusher

Pedal pusher

Veteran
That's a 1977 circuit, we used to sell them :smile:. It's the 7 in WG7 that's the year. Also the decals and lack of riveted headbadge is a giveaway.

Fab nick :smile:

Brilliant thanks for the dating info. Do you know where I might be able to get new decals from ? One on the top tube is a bit scuffed

Gunk

Guru
Thanks. I have the original pedals and a pair of period toe clips. Given the BB a wiggle seems OK but yea a strip and re grease are in order. Removing the cotter pins will be fun. Haven't done that since I was a kid and I couldn't do it then 😂

I use a block of wood with a large hole drilled in it and support the crank arms where they meet the BB, the energy is then on the cotter pin and not the bike frame. They pop out easily using this method

Chris S

Legendary Member
Removing the cotter pins will be fun. Haven't done that since I was a kid and I couldn't do it then 😂

I remove the nut, spray WD40 into the hole and wait till it emerges the other end (sometimes this will be overnight). I then put the nut back on the pin so that it is flush with the top and hit it with a hammer.

Top Bottom