Rant about budget bikers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

Budget biking is good for everyone. The bicycle in it's simplest form does not need fancy gears or changing systems. I have a 20 year old hybrid at my inlaws, the chain has never been cleaned or lubed, the gears slip and it's a triple. The saddle has blue electrical tape over the tears in cover, but i so love riding it when i go up there!!!
Long live budget biking :-)

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
May not be totally related but I did see this the other day:

970475_565109136868727_163506785_n.jpg

Couple of bits of duct tape and that'll be as right as rain

sackville d

Veteran
I am considering buying one of those bags of s*** from Sports Direct and welding some Campag EPS kit onto it just for the purposes of annoyance:hyper::angel:

If you happen to have a bike from these people and love your bike well that is a beautiful thing because actually all bikes are awsome as we all know!

sackville d

Veteran
Looks like it's been used in the rain :whistle:
Or very strong sunlight perchance? Whichever it is ,that is a very sad sight.

deanE

I'm sure you can cite the relevant legislation?
I should, perhaps, have put “ “ around the word “race” or written race but my tongue was giving me discomfort being so far pressed back in my cheek when I typed my contribution to the thread. But it is, of course, or so I am informed, an offence under Section 31 of the 1988 Highways Act to take part in an unauthorised race on the public highway, as it is to ride without due care and attention or without reasonable consideration to other road users. Must go and clean my budget bikes now, especially the one with the triple.

Chris-H

Über Member
This may well raise some eyebrows but when I lost my job I was virtually skint, I brought a brand new Viking road bike for £200 and it was crap, however I liked how it looked and it was mine and it was brand new, I ended up putting a full 10 speed 105 groupset along with some pro-lite rims on too and the result was astounding, ok so it cost a total of £600 but I didn't have that initial outlay and built it bit by bit as funds allowed. I then got back in to work and found myself in the position to buy a new Bianchi, my dream bike which cost me £990 but the ironic thing was although there was 2kg difference in the bikes they both rode equally as well as each other.
I cant understand the problem with spending out on quality parts on a budget bike... worked for me.

Top Bottom