Rant of the Day..

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Boon 51, 7 Jan 2019.

1. wonderdog

wonderdog Well-Known Member

And that's obviously WITHOUT a Brooks saddle. Ye gods!! Imagine if it had one .... the excitement would be palpable!

CarlP and Boon 51 like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Boon 51

Boon 51 Veteran

Thanks but there is a flaw in it for me as I'm 67 I'm starting to forget things so I can't remember what I was ranting about.. :eek:

3. OP
    OP
    Boon 51

Boon 51 Veteran

I know ain't life wonderful. ^_^

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  4. Drago

Drago Guru

I'd feel pretty excited too if I cycled about without a saddle!

classic33, Boon 51 and Illaveago like this.
  5. CarlP

CarlP There’s no need to live in a pit of doom

That made me larf.

Boon 51 likes this.
  6. wonderdog

wonderdog Well-Known Member

I've got a couple of years on you Boon ... my beloved smiles a lot and says things like "new friends every day".

Boon 51 and CarlP like this.
  7. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Can't have been owt important then.

Boon 51 likes this.
  8. confusedcyclist

confusedcyclist Über Member

What I want to know is how do your properly measure one of these.

brooks-flyer-saddle-black-00120570-8500-2.jpg

9. Eddy

Eddy Guru

That's easy, with a ruler ^_^

Boon 51 and CarlP like this.
  10. lane

lane Über Member

Just sold a brooks on Ebay. I didn't put the size on because I assumed (I think correctly) that it is covered by putting the model. Had quite a few bids no one asked the size.

I think any Rant thread should include some designation of the sort of rant - e.g. mild, intermediate, quite serious etc. I am fed up with looking at the thread only to discover it is not the sort of rant I wanted.

CarlP likes this.
  11. CarlP

That's exactly how I felt, the disappointment was palpable.

12. confusedcyclist

confusedcyclist Über Member

Dear whom it my concern, I'm interested in your ebay listing. No, not yer old grundies, the saddle. I'm mostly tyre kicking here, but I'm also fond of expensive goods at knock down low-ball prices. Speaking of price, what's your final price? Will you trade it for this packet of chewing gum? Don't mind the half-chewed bits. You can pick them off. Using only a ruler, please give me the mass and volume to the third decimal place and the seating area measurements of your saddle, also, I'd be really keen to know how long the springs are, uncoiled. I know that brooks are all one sized and are unchanged in design over decades, but frankly, I can't be arsed to look up the specifications on the manufacturers website. Please advise of sizing. Do you think this is suitable for a big boned fellow who had one too many mince pies last month.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2019
    Eddy likes this.
  13. Alwaysbroken

Alwaysbroken Well-Known Member

Once one understands the saddle sizes criteria, how does one accurately measure ones derriere?

Is length measured from the wunfer or the twaint?

Does width accommodate both bone structure and should I allow for my saddle bags?

Is it acceptable to ask my LBS to take my measurements directly or should a take a clay mould of the rear guard?

14. Eddy

Eddy Guru

Dear potential buyer,
    I am afraid this is not a brooks bicycle saddle but is actually a saddle for a horse
    Kind Regards

confusedcyclist likes this.
  15. CarlP

At least this thread is more interesting than the Broken Spoke thread.

Eddy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice