Rant of the Day..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Could do better ... I found some of my school reports from 50 years ago and "could do better" seemed to crop up in the comments section from the principal with monotonous regularity. As did "needs to pay greater attention". I like Boon's approach to developing a better rant as the day progresses/it all gets too much.

Thanks but there is a flaw in it for me as I'm 67 I'm starting to forget things so I can't remember what I was ranting about.. :eek:

I never understood folk selling stuff on ebay who don't put the size of items in the title of the product they are selling, rugs/carpets are the worst, wait while I go through 50000 listings to find the right size :biggrin:
What I want to know is how do your properly measure one of these.

brooks-flyer-saddle-black-00120570-8500-2.jpg

U

User6179

What I want to know is how do your properly measure one of these.

View attachment 446615

That's easy, with a ruler ^_^

lane

Veteran
Just sold a brooks on Ebay. I didn't put the size on because I assumed (I think correctly) that it is covered by putting the model. Had quite a few bids no one asked the size.

I think any Rant thread should include some designation of the sort of rant - e.g. mild, intermediate, quite serious etc. I am fed up with looking at the thread only to discover it is not the sort of rant I wanted.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Just sold a brooks on Ebay. I didn't put the size on because I assumed (I think correctly) that it is covered by putting the model. Had quite a few bids no one asked the size.

I think any Rant thread should include some designation of the sort of rant - e.g. mild, intermediate, quite serious etc. I am fed up with looking at the thread only to discover it is not the sort of rant I wanted.

That's exactly how I felt, the disappointment was palpable.

That's easy, with a ruler ^_^
Dear whom it my concern, I'm interested in your ebay listing. No, not yer old grundies, the saddle. I'm mostly tyre kicking here, but I'm also fond of expensive goods at knock down low-ball prices. Speaking of price, what's your final price? Will you trade it for this packet of chewing gum? Don't mind the half-chewed bits. You can pick them off. Using only a ruler, please give me the mass and volume to the third decimal place and the seating area measurements of your saddle, also, I'd be really keen to know how long the springs are, uncoiled. I know that brooks are all one sized and are unchanged in design over decades, but frankly, I can't be arsed to look up the specifications on the manufacturers website. Please advise of sizing. Do you think this is suitable for a big boned fellow who had one too many mince pies last month.

Last edited:

Alwaysbroken

Once one understands the saddle sizes criteria, how does one accurately measure ones derriere?

Is length measured from the wunfer or the twaint?

Does width accommodate both bone structure and should I allow for my saddle bags?

Is it acceptable to ask my LBS to take my measurements directly or should a take a clay mould of the rear guard?

U

User6179

Dear whom it my concern, I'm interested in your ebay listing. No, not yer old grundies, the saddle. I'm mostly tyre kicking here, but I'm also fond of expensive goods at knock down low-ball prices. Using only a ruler, please give me the mass, voume to the third decimal and seating area measurements of your saddle, also, I'd be really keen to know how long the springs are, uncoiled. I know that brooks are all one size saddles and are unchanged in design over decades, but can't be arsed to look up the specifications on the manufacturers website. Please advise of sizing. Do you think this is suitable for a big boned fellow who had one too many mince pies last month.

Dear potential buyer,
I am afraid this is not a brooks bicycle saddle but is actually a saddle for a horse
Kind Regards

Top Bottom