Rapha and Marco Pantini

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
[QUOive "rich p, post: 3056290, member: 500"]You're new to the pro-cycling scene, right?
at they want to believe.

No ive had this opinion ever since 2004 and I get angry as **** every time I hear stupid **** like that. Go race in Belgium clean. Pwaaaaa dropped dropped dropped[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for that, it is possible and I've done it. Won some money to live most weeks until a decent offer came along. I knew the score, didn't want to play that game, but still managed. The best bit is clean is clean in whatever country and you don't need to worry about what you can and can't get at a pharmacy. As did a lot of other people, but some don't want to hear that, because it's not what they want to believe, the reason they are getting hammered in their heads is that everyone else is juiced. Or maybe they can't quite go fast enough, can't suffer enough, trained well enough, simply not motivated enough. Whatever it may be. So, sir, it can be done, and a living can be made, and I can look my family in the eye, along with a good number of retired riders I know. None of which will convince the convinced.

400bhp

Guru
That I've raced with doppers and perhaps had a dabble myself

:popcorn:

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
at they want to believe.

No ive had this opinion ever since 2004 and I get angry as **** every time I hear stupid **** like that. Go race in Belgium clean. Pwaaaaa dropped dropped dropped

Well thanks for that, it is possible and I've done it. Won some money to live most weeks until a decent offer came along. I knew the score, didn't want to play that game, but still managed. The best bit is clean is clean in whatever country and you don't need to worry about what you can and can't get at a pharmacy. As did a lot of other people, but some don't want to hear that, because it's not what they want to believe, the reason they are getting hammered in their heads is that everyone else is juiced. Or maybe they can't quite go fast enough, can't suffer enough, trained well enough, simply not motivated enough. Whatever it may be. So, sir, it can be done, and a living can be made, and I can look my family in the eye, along with a good number of retired riders I know. None of which will convince the convinced.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the thoughtfully written insight. Both sides are convinced though. Catch22
Oh for goodness sakes these quotes!

JasonHolder

I'm not an ex pro nor am I making out to be one. And whilst I'm here. Good there's one guy whose come out and said he raced Clean and won yada yada. I can name 10 guys to that one who have doped in one way or another at one time or another

thom

____
Funnily enough, I just realised an analogy between cyclists doping and women having boob jobs.
I mean, some people just like deception, wittingly or not, of others, themselves or both.

ayceejay

Guru
See, if you mix yer drugs. say aspirin and potassium, you are likely to see and hear things (AKA hallucinate) and find it hard to distinguish between fact and fiction. I 'dabbled' once and when all my hair fell out I thought I was Pantini until I came across a hill, I blame the demerera sugar in the flap jacks that someone mixed with mollases behind my back.

Don't wind me up

Are you The Hulk?
upload_2014-4-30_23-17-14.jpeg

JasonHolder

Funnily enough, I just realised an analogy between cyclists doping and women having boob jobs.
I mean, some people just like deception, wittingly or not, of others, themselves or both.

Beautiful example.

Top Bottom