Rapha and Marco Pantini

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Out me? View attachment 43850 View attachment 43851 Haha ilI'll save you the trouble princess.
Your obviously adverse to climbing princess - but never mind, maybe mammy will let you ride a big bike up some hills soon :thumbsup:

Shadowfax

I recommend that anyone interested in Marco Pantani read Matt Rendell's excellent book - The death of Marco Pantani. It casts doubt on his talent, suggesting that his physiology reacted incredibly well to EPO. So rather than being a huge talent caught up in the doping of the times, the doping actually made him the rider he was.

He certainly was, though, a troubled character and no-one deserves to die of a cocaine overdose. It is, by all accounts, both an unpleasant way to die and something that takes an enormous quantity of drugs to achieve.

I wouldn't buy a Pantani shirt any more than I would buy a shirt of anyone from that era.
Thanks for that I'll look it out.

I recommend that anyone interested in Marco Pantani read Matt Rendell's excellent book - The death of Marco Pantani. It casts doubt on his talent, suggesting that his physiology reacted incredibly well to EPO. So rather than being a huge talent caught up in the doping of the times, the doping actually made him the rider he was.

He certainly was, though, a troubled character and no-one deserves to die of a cocaine overdose. It is, by all accounts, both an unpleasant way to die and something that takes an enormous quantity of drugs to achieve.

I wouldn't buy a Pantani shirt any more than I would buy a shirt of anyone from that era.
It is the seminal Pantani book but it's a dense read, I never got through it.

Jason, just a word from someone on this sub-forum who has held some pretty strong views himself (in other parts of the forum).

Try and research each sub-forum before launching straight in with a very dubious statement (regarding doping in this case). As others have said, it isn't thought well of here and whilst you are entitled to your view, think about your manner of delivery so that people are more likely to engage you in conversation as opposed passing you off as a troll. This isn't meant as an insult.

Are you an ex-professional? Were you aware of the sub-forum title 'Pro-Cycling'? There is a place for those who have, or still do race but here it's about the professional peloton. You'll notice even oldroadman uses the past-tense...

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Jason, just a word from someone on this sub-forum who has held some pretty strong views himself (in other parts of the forum).

Try and research each sub-forum before launching straight in with a very dubious statement (regarding doping in this case). As others have said, it isn't thought well of here and whilst you are entitled to your view, think about your manner of delivery so that people are more likely to engage you in conversation as opposed passing you off as a troll. This isn't meant as an insult.

Are you an ex-professional? Were you aware of the sub-forum title 'Pro-Cycling'? There is a place for those who have, or still do race but here it's about the professional peloton. You'll notice even oldroadman uses the past-tense...
Understood thanks.Unfortunately I do come across a git over the net and that cannot be helped unless I refrain from venturing on. Which is not practical with an opinion as loud as mine, appreciate your advice though.
Pro cycling sub for pro cycling people only. Got it.
I have incidentally raced in several national road race championships being the highlight as a junior as well as 2 years under fully sponsored teams. But its not about me. Loads of people just asking for credentials bless them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom