Rapha Festive 500. Anyone doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
They should learn from Audax - max speed 30kph (25 on some events).

But under audax rules you’d need to complete the 500km in no more than 33 hours elapsed. With Rapha 500 you get a whole week, so it’s actually far slower than audax speeds.

albal

Guru
Don't own a turbo, swift etc.. Not enough room. Not interested either. Will attempt it as in previous years. Some you win some you lose, I won't be too fussed. I may actually be in Portugal working. Slightly better weather.

Doing it over the 8 days with 'The Herd' providing swmbo does not want to go out as they are all late afternoon starts:blush: not sure the 500 k needs to be zwift or outside, think so long as Miles logged on Strava any virtual platform will work, I was going to make any lost mileage up on tacx rlv so hope so.

shnjmsn

Über Member
Done 3 of the last 5 years........... Not too bothered either way, will be riding the bike whatever happens !

shnjmsn

Über Member
Done 3 of the last 5 years........... Not too bothered either way, will be riding the bike whatever happens !

Made it out for a slow cold 100K potter over the Mendips. Not really feeling it but we'll see........ Rain and gales forecast in Somerset-shire from Boxing Day.............. Might still end up being a. non event for me ! :smile:

matticus

Guru
90-odd social km*
Solid start, but I'm only expecting 6 rides so there's not much margin there!

*Including a lovely - but highly non CV-compliant - stop in a proper greasy spoon!

Top Bottom