Rats the size of cats!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What about bats that are bigger than cats and look like rats?
The bats that look like rats are smaller than cats. The big bats look like cats.

c1e7fa5a16f61517c9f67a6b3ce29591.jpg

840-flying-fox-cradling-baby.jpg

(sniff. I miss Melbourne)

The bats that look like rats are smaller than cats. The big bats look like cats.

View attachment 348662

View attachment 348663

(sniff. I miss Melbourne)
I was thinking about these, which are not cats, rats or bats but do look like them all
upload_2017-4-21_21-3-22.jpeg

I was thinking about these, which are not cats, rats or bats but do look like them all
View attachment 348665
Google says it's a megabat "Giant golden-crowned flying fox". Which is the same family as the Grey-headed flying fox I used above.

I once attended an open air screening of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. The first line (I think) of the movie is something like "the sky filled with huge bats". This was in Melbourne's botanical gardens, that at the time had a colony of fruit bats, who head out to eat at sunset. Right on cue, the sky filled with these enormous flying creatures.

As you might imagine, the air was already filled with ... um ... "smoke" from the cinema goers, so the effect was very trippy.

Last edited:

subaqua

What’s the point
Insomnia caused by depression, actually. That rat became my spirit animal.

Exterminators who advertised in the yellow pages as 24 hours do not pick up the phone at 4.30 am. By that point I had the rat locked in the toilet and it was screaming and hurling itself against the door. It managed to gnaw it's way through the wall by morning. We filled that hole and every tiny gap around the plumbing with steel wool and expanding foam.

(I didn't really think it was over a metre, I just explaining metaphorically how threatened I felt)

24 hr call out means " might get there in 24 working hours"

vickster

Legendary Member
Congrats! He looks evil, like mine.
Mine killed a squirrel too, left it on the outside doormat.
I found the squirrel lit by my bike light on coming home from work.
BigCat also kills plenty of mice, I am scared of mice.
Good cat! ^_^
He left it alive on the landing, made me jump!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
It might have been a coypu. I doubt it, but I just like the word.

Ah, Coypu.
Thought I was seeing cute otters in France last summer when a pair of Coypu swam past. They look sweet from a distance but I wouldn't want to be near those giant discoloured teeth.

We still call them 'Notters'.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Ah, Coypu.
Thought I was seeing cute otters in France last summer when a pair of Coypu swam past. They look sweet from a distance but I wouldn't want to be near those giant discoloured teeth.

We still call them 'Notters'.

I seem to recall they have beavers in France. We saw one dead on the road and there was a debate whether it was a coypu or a beaver. I reckon the latter

Top Bottom