Rats the size of cats!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Anyway, Accy's not exaggerating. If anything, he's underestimating the size - Danny the dealer saw one the size of a dog.....and if he's not a reliable witness, I don't know who is. :eek:

Danny: "Do you realise this gaff's overrun with rodents? When I came in I saw one the size of a f***ing dog."
Withnail: "No, that is a dog. It belongs to the fellow downstairs."
Danny: "Does his dog get in the oven?"
Withnail: "No, his dog doesn't come up here."
Danny: "Then it's a rodent. I opened the oven door and it was in there looking at me. Quite freaked me at the time. I was going to cook onions."

From about 1:50...

keithmac

Guru
About 10 years ago I was at my bench in the workshop and another lad was doing a rear wheel/tyre job on the floor (motorcycle).

I saw something behind him and it was a rat sat on it's ass with it's front paws in the air watching him removing the wheel.

I said "Ed, there's a rat behind you", he obviously thought I was taking the p1ss until he turned round to have a look!.

The rat was a fair size and didn't seem overly frightened of humans which was quite worrying.

We had a squirrel in last year and after trying to shoo it out it ended up on the middle floor sat on some boxes (head height). We had a Mexican standoff for a minute and then the little darling jumped straight at my head/ face..

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@jefmcg will confirm he's a big cat

I have a v big sofa!!
Congrats! He looks evil, like mine.
Mine killed a squirrel too, left it on the outside doormat.
I found the squirrel lit by my bike light on coming home from work.
BigCat also kills plenty of mice, I am scared of mice.
Good cat! ^_^

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Found on a London housing estate. A "vermin control officer" once told me to keep your toilet seat down(when not in use obviously)as giant rats can swim through the outlet pipe,then if tall enough climb out the toilet and get into your house. Imagine seeing a giant rat in your bathroom!:unsure:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-on-south-london-housing-estate-a3226916.html
It's all true....
lavarory seat lock.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So, instead of getting out and roaming around your house, giant, evil, killer rat lies in wait and goes for the throat when you eventually have to lift the lid! :eek:

I suggest putting an ear to the lid and thumping the lid before lifting it. Killer rat is bound to make some kind of noise when it hears the thump.

Next day's local newspaper headline: "Householder has throat torn out by DEAF MUTE giant, evil, killer rat!" :laugh:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yup.

It had been debunked days ago.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/...hoax__that_fooled_the_national_papers_and_us/

But I only did a reverse image search after you posted it, so kudos.
Days? About 370 of them.

It's odd, I can't imagine why Dean Burr would make such a thing up. After all, he's a lord and everything.

@jefmcg will confirm he's a big cat
I can attest to both the size of the sofa and the size of the cat. He's a biggun' - and now slightly bigger since I dropped in to feed him daily for a week and he comfort-ate his body-weight in food every day.

You didn't tell us the gender of the cat, and I am not capable of sexing a cat from a photo unless there are some obvious gender-specific parts visible! :laugh:

@ColinJ, you're a man of the world. Don't you know that ginger cats are almost always toms (or in poor Harry's case, and ex-tom)?

Days? About 370 of them.

It's odd, I can't imagine why Dean Burr would make such a thing up. After all, he's a lord and everything.
Oh, sorry. I just looked at the day, not the year of the articles and assumed they were both earlier this week.

As for "Lord" Burr, what would be his motivation? As a pest exterminator in London? I just can't imagine why he would do it. And The Standard? Sure, if they fact checked this article they wouldn't have published and they would have missed the clicks and the advertising revenue, but surely that's no reason for a newspaper I won't bother reading even though it's free to not be fastidious journalists.

Last edited:
Top Bottom