Rats the size of cats!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Insomnia caused by depression, actually. That rat became my spirit animal.

Exterminators who advertised in the yellow pages as 24 hours do not pick up the phone at 4.30 am. By that point I had the rat locked in the toilet and it was screaming and hurling itself against the door. It managed to gnaw it's way through the wall by morning. We filled that hole and every tiny gap around the plumbing with steel wool and expanding foam.

(I didn't really think it was over a metre, I just explaining metaphorically how threatened I felt)

My remark was intended as flippant banter so apologies if it was a bit ill-judged.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Insomnia caused by depression, actually. That rat became my spirit animal.

Exterminators who advertised in the yellow pages as 24 hours do not pick up the phone at 4.30 am. By that point I had the rat locked in the toilet and it was screaming and hurling itself against the door. It managed to gnaw it's way through the wall by morning. We filled that hole and every tiny gap around the plumbing with steel wool and expanding foam.

(I didn't really think it was over a metre, I just explaining metaphorically how threatened I felt)

For a moment I thought you were talking about an aroused male companion who fancied a bit of...ahem...jiggy jiggy at 4am.

My remark was intended as flippant banter so apologies if it was a bit ill-judged.
Not to worry. Without the depression bit, it's kind of a cool story.

For a moment I thought you were talking about an aroused male companion who fancied a bit of...ahem...jiggy jiggy at 4am.

No, he slept (presumably unaroused) through the whole thing.

Though later when we set a trap and I opened the kitchen door to a trail of blood across the tiles, I was happy to call him to be all manly and sort it out. Plus he's a biologist, so he had experience with - smaller and more docile - rodents.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[QUOTE 4770666, member: 9609"]The story is just daft, when ever you over feed anything it just gets fatter. No matter how much I eat I would never end up 12 foot tall , may be 12 foot round but never tall. However when there is an abundance of food future generations do become bigger, hence dinasaurs but that process takes millions of years[/QUOTE]
It has worked for young people all over Europe in about half a century!

As a 6' 1" (~1.86 m) teenager I used to be considered tall and very rarely met men taller than me. I never met a woman within 2 or 3 inches of my height. I took part in an audax ride a few weeks ago and must have seen at least 10 younger men much taller than me out of 150-odd participants, and I know of a couple of women in this area who are at least 3 inches taller than me! :eek:

PS Yeah, not 12 feet tall, but the average height of people in this country must have gone up by several inches in my lifetime and most of that is probably due to changes in diet.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Its absolutely not fake.
I read about a guy that was sat on the bog when one of those giant rats came up and bit his goolies straight off. The ambulance came and the paramedics were carrying the poor guy down the steps. One paramedic was explaining to the other what had happened and they laughed so much that they dropped him and he broke both legs.
The ambulance driver laughed so much that he crashed into a shop front and..................... etc etc.
So it must be true :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Need a bigger cat, like mine...who once brought in a squirrel

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 24
I thought it was a preamble to a Friday Night is Sci-fi Music night

And in the death
As the last few corpses lay rotting on the slimy
thoroughfare
The shutters lifted in inches in Temperance Building
High on Poacher's Hill
And red, mutant eyes gaze down on Hunger City
No more big wheels

Fleas the size of rats sucked on rats the size of cats
And ten thousand peoploids split into small tribes
Coverting the highest of the sterile skyscrapers
Like packs of dogs assaulting the glass fronts of Love-Me Avenue
Ripping and rewrapping mink and shiny silver fox, now legwarmers
Family badge of sapphire and cracked emerald
Any day now
The Year of the Diamond Dogs

"This ain't Rock'n'Roll
This is Genocide"
[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Rats as big as cats? First off - they ain't your ordinary, common or garden rat.

Now ... if perchance they were "agouti" (the West African version), they could certainly be that size. And they make damned good eating - stewed gently with onion, garlic, and tomatoes. Very savoury. Very satisfying. Best served with rice.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
This morning I saw a fox that was literally the size of a fox. Fortunately I got photographic evidence:

IMG_20170421_104611601_BURST000_COVER.jpg

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

Glorious Opportunity To Get Rich!!! -- We are starting a cat ranch in Lacon
with 100,000 cats. Each cat will average 12 kittens a year. The cat skins will
sell for 30 cents each. One hundred men can skin 5,000 cats a day. We figure a
daily net profit of over $10,000. Now what shall we feed the cats? We will
start a rat farm next door with 1,000,000 rats. The rats breed 12
times faster than the cats. So we will have four rats to feed each day to each
cat. Now what shall we feed the rats? We will feed the rats the carcasses of
the cats after they have been skinned.

Now Get This! We feed the rats to the cats and the cats to the rats and get the
cat skins for nothing! We feed the rats to the cats and the cats to the rats
and get the cat skins for nothing! We feed the rats to the cats and the cats to
the rats and get the cat skins for nothing!

Top Bottom