Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Credit to robert elms show on bbc radio London for this.
Marc bolan shared a flat with James Bolam (of LIkely Lads and, gloriously, whatever happened to the likely lads, fame).
That I understand is FACT.
There are theories that this produced his stage second name (his real name was Mark Feld) though others think that it is a contraction of Bob Dylan, who he was a great fan/imitator of in his progress through several identities and styles.

Odd factoidette 2 - this flat was in Barnes I understand - he later of course met his death in a car crash in Barnes - last time I checked on my London bike wanderings there is still an informal memorial at the crash site.

Edit, prog on la bolan on sky arts, freeview 11, tonight at 10.
Marc Bolan, James Bolam, Riggs O’Hara shared a flat in Lonsdale Road, Barnes.

https://mistymist.wordpress.com/sweet-lyrics/test/marsha-hunt/the-wizard/

classic33

Leg End Member
According to the International Organization for Standardization ISO 8601, Sunday is the seventh day of the week, not the first.

classic33

Leg End Member
Christmas Eve is the least likely to fall on a Tuesday.

Although interestingly enough, it is the day of the week that has the second-highest chance of falling on Christmas Day. The first being Thursday.

classic33

Leg End Member
The most vertical metres climbed in 48 hours, however, is an impressive knee-bending 29,623.3 m (97,189 ft 9.24 in).

The brave cyclist who managed this extraordinary feat of endurance was Craig Cannon (USA) in Berkeley, California, USA, between 7 and 9 August 2015.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Why is that odd - doesn't the original idea come from that book - the bible?
Yep i have always seen it as the last, despite some fangled idea that it may be the first. Anyone who endured those sundays of distant childhood when everything was shut will be convinced that it's the last, when god, as you say, rested, said *** you to a poor soddin humanity who were then, after a gruelling week's work, supposed to spend their day off on their knees worshipping his jealous vengeful self.

Yep i have always seen it as the last, despite some fangled idea that it may be the first. Anyone who endured those sundays of distant childhood when everything was shut will be convinced that it's the last, when god, as you say, rested, said *** you to a poor soddin humanity who were then, after a gruelling week's work, supposed to spend their day off on their knees worshipping his jealous vengeful self.
Yup. Church at 10.30. Lunch at noon. Sunday School at 2.30. Tea ( lunch leftovers with salad) at 4.30. Alan Freeman at 5.00. Church at 6.30.
Same every Sunday. Every year.
I never understood why, if church was so good for us, that our parents never went.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Not a fan of the old religion thing then Ted?
Despite my fondness for churches, no.
Am a nice soul but wound up by the hellish virus i plead guilty to a few weeks ago telling some folks coming out of a church that religion is bunk.
Am equal about it though - all religion, no favours or privileges granted to any groups on grounds of race or whatever.
I know italy pretty well - the church has done some serious screwing there. Many italians think the same.
Apologies for the digression but you did ask :smile:
Back to true factoids.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yup. Church at 10.30. Lunch at noon. Sunday School at 2.30. Tea ( lunch leftovers with salad) at 4.30. Alan Freeman at 5.00. Church at 6.30.
Same every Sunday. Every year.
I never understood why, if church was so good for us, that our parents never went.
This can be in true factoids.
You think you had problems !!!
Before I managed to escape it was.....
Monday evening.... family bible study
Tuesday evening..... group bible study
Thursday evening.....2x one hour meetings
Saturday morning......door to door preaching
Sunday morning 2x one hour meetings
Sunday afternoon....door to door preaching
Plus
I was supposed to do private study & prayer.

Top Bottom