Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Dollar millionaires I believe.
I started looking into this figure as I thought it was quite high, I went down a rabbit hole in terms of defining a millionaire (i.e. what assets are counted) the definitions vary so much to make the number quoted fairly meaningless. It would have been nice if Credit Suisse actually included one in their 179 page databook where the figures come from .

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
By definition fiction is is not a fact(oid).. You need to put a £5 in the kitty.
kitty1.gif

classic33

Leg End Member
@T4tomo.
The planet Scarif, in the Scarif system is named after
Scarriff.jpg

Note the local peace keeping force.

Where part of the filming was done, along with nearby Tuamgraney.
They even destroyed trees I'd planted years before.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
@T4tomo.
The planet Scarif, in the Scarif system is named after
View attachment 580069
Note the local peace keeping force.

Where part of the filming was done, along with nearby Tuamgraney.
They even destroyed trees I'd planted years before.
wasted on me- another fact is that whilst I have seen a few star trek episodes (that's the one with Spock and Uhura right?) I have never watch a single star wars movie.

😢shame about your trees...

OP
OP
Blue Hills
In early 17th century essex, adults had a 1 in 4 chance of being brought before an ecclesiastical court for sexual misconduct. They were known as bawdy courts because of their gossip feeding potential.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
In early 17th century essex, adults had a 1 in 4 chance of being brought before an ecclesiastical court for sexual misconduct. They were known as bawdy courts because of their gossip feeding potential.
presumably that increased to a 1 in 3 chance the late 20th century - boom!

classic33

Leg End Member
According to one late19th century superstition, all dishcloths should be burned before moving house.

The same goes for cloths used for general house cleaning. That way, all of the bad luck you've “wiped up” in the old house won’t go with you to the new house.

classic33

Leg End Member
Daylight Savings Time was first proposed by Benjamin Franklin in a letter he addressed to Parisians in 1784.

His argument was that more daylight would mean people wouldn’t waste candles by having to burn them for longer.

It was however William Willett’s idea, his proposal for Daylight Savings Time was put forward in 1907. Britain failed to adopt the idea until 1916, a month after Germany had taken up the idea.

Top Bottom