Rear Dynamo Light Mod Ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Currently my Audax bike has the below rear dynamo light bolted to the rear rack. I am thinking of taking the rack off as I only use it with panniers on an occasional basis. There is an almost identical light which is specifically to mount to mudguards but at £65 I would have to sell this light and some other bits to fund the purchase. I have seen the same light for seat posts but as I will have a seat pack in the way this won’t work.

How could I adapt this light to go onto the mudguard or seat stay? (The width EXCLUDING the two bolt holes/brackets is the same width as the mudguard and/or the reflector (SKS mudguards)

Any Ideas? I am super tidy and only like neat fixes, not make-do-bodges. Thanks a lot.

A3597044-1AAB-4FB0-A139-1E1C215E8A4A.jpeg

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Could you mount it vertically on the mudguard with a threaded backing plate inside the mudguard?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
What's so special about these particular lights that justifies them costing £65? I'd just go and get another rear light of a suitable size and shape to fit the mudguard and keep the original one for use on the rack.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Drill directly into the reflector itself then simply screw in the rack light vertically. Simple, but may not look wonderful.

Top Bottom