Rear-ended by a bus, my fault apparently!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm angry at the drivers for their attitude and dangerous driving.

I'm also angry at TC for not getting details of everyone, doing a drawing on the spot, and reporting it to the bus company.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Both Bus drivers are in need of training (I dont mean this in a sarcastic sense either)...it is possible that the first knew they had done wrong and the second "backed them up" simply as they both know that the penalty would be a dismissal.

this is no excuse, the bus driver showed appalling lack of skill & consideration for other road users.

you must report it for everyones sake, at best they will recieve better training, at worst they will loose their job. Either way, it was their choice to drive like that.

as far as the PCSO's s concerned, It sounds as if they did a pretty fair job. keep in mind they did not witness the event so can draw no conclusion, all they can try to do is ensure the situation does not inflame further (by stopping abuse/bad language;)) which helps everyone.... and ensure that you are advised as to your rights..ie "do you want to report this/take it further"

at the end of the day, what else can they ..or even a proper-copper... do.

Please.... please... report this, the driver needs swift retraining

Jezston

Über Member
Ask any experienced policeman what they think of PCSOs - off the record of course.

They will tell you they are ****ing useless and at best a liability.

They are basically 'cub scout' police - not competent enough to be real police, and no career path. Although ones in the Met get 28k, which is more than I earn :bravo:

Jezston

Über Member
I hate it when people do a reply and it's just a meaningless and pointless one word response like "lol", but in this case I must make an exception.

LOL!

lit

Jezston said:
Ask any experienced policeman what they think of PCSOs - off the record of course.

They will tell you they are ****ing useless and at best a liability.

They are basically 'cub scout' police - not competent enough to be real police, and no career path. Although ones in the Met get 28k, which is more than I earn :bravo:

I think that's a little bit harsh to be honest, I've met a couple who's intentions towards a incident I had with a van driver being as responsive as positive as they could be, I look at each PCSO or PO on a individual basis.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
anytime a vehicle hits another vehicle from behind its the there fault, driving without due care and attention, I used to work as a litigator for non fault accidents, so by virtue of the fact you were rear ended its the bus drivers fault, end of, the fact the PCSO's didnt pick up on this is shambloic TBH

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Jezston said:
I hate it when people do a reply and it's just a meaningless and pointless one word response like "lol", but in this case I must make an exception.

LOL!
... but you didn't, there are about 30 other words with your "LOL". :laugh:

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
Thanks for all the feedback

I woke up the next morning feeling a little peeved that I basically let the bus driver get away with it, and, on closer inspection, saw that my rear wheel was slightly buckled so I went to the police station and as I had not taken down any details at the scene – not even the bus route number – quickly realised that I had FA to go on, so the officer on the desk took my details and posted an email to all the PCSOs to see if the one’s that were there took any details.

Didn’t hear a thing, and had given up on it until yesterday, when the desk officer phoned back with the name of the driver, route and garage ( he had been on holiday and the PSCO had emailed him back the next day, but he had only just logged on!).

So my question is, do I go straight to the bus company, complain and ask for a new wheel or is it best to go via a claims company, and if so which one?

Note – it’s not a particularly expensive wheel (Mavic 517 with LX Hub) – but it’s more the principle than the money

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
TwickenhamCyclist said:
Thanks for all the feedback

I woke up the next morning feeling a little peeved that I basically let the bus driver get away with it, and, on closer inspection, saw that my rear wheel was slightly buckled so I went to the police station and as I had not taken down any details at the scene – not even the bus route number – quickly realised that I had FA to go on, so the officer on the desk took my details and posted an email to all the PCSOs to see if the one’s that were there took any details.

Didn’t hear a thing, and had given up on it until yesterday, when the desk officer phoned back with the name of the driver, route and garage ( he had been on holiday and the PSCO had emailed him back the next day, but he had only just logged on!).

So my question is, do I go straight to the bus company, complain and ask for a new wheel or is it best to go via a claims company, and if so which one?

Note – it’s not a particularly expensive wheel (Mavic 517 with LX Hub) – but it’s more the principle than the money

Are you with the CTC or BC? If so see if they'll handle a claim for a new wheel as it will end up on the driver's insurance and the company's records. As a result it could make the idiot uninsurable for public transport duties ;)

Which imo would be a worthwhile outcome considering they ferry people about all day.

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
downfader said:
Are you with the CTC or BC? If so see if they'll handle a claim for a new wheel as it will end up on the driver's insurance and the company's records. As a result it could make the idiot uninsurable for public transport duties ;)

Which imo would be a worthwhile outcome considering they ferry people about all day.

Yes - CTC

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
hackbike 666 said:
I would have thought if you were going to do anything you would have done it immediately.

Sometimes it just doesn't work like that. I've certainly woken up the next day thinking I should have pursued a more, er, robust course of action.
;)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
TC - please write to the bus company and copy the letter to TfL - stick to the facts and make yourself out to be the living soul of reason (which you are). TfL take this kind of thing seriously. You might not get any satisfaction, but TfL will make the bus company sweat, and the bus company will probably make the drivers sweat. And that's not bad for the rest of us.

Top Bottom