Reasons not to wear helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alun

Guru
If some wants to wear a bike hat so what, THEY feel safer, that is the point, for every report that says its safer you will find one that says its inconclusive, its not an open and shut case like the best biscuit, MALTED MILK, no contest,anyone who says different is not worth an answer,eaten obviously sans helmet.

"They feel safer" is I think a point made by the anti compulsionists, as in feel safer/take more risks.

Malted Milk biscuits phah ! Chocolate HobNobs all the way, with or without a helmet.

twobiker

Would you feel safer if you ate Chocolate HobNobs,pretend to vomit, with a helmet on?, as with a Malted Milk you are swathed in its protective yumminess. You take a risk every time you strap on a gun, western fan.:blush:

david k

Hi
1487108 said:
But it is all in your opinion. Whether or not it is factually correct doesn't concern you?

i wouldnt say doesnt concern me but yes i dont feel the need to look up numerous longwinded statistical analysis to prove what i feel to be correct.

I dont look at countelss surveys before climbing a ladder. i know what angle, what surface, what to put it on etc to ensure its safe. i may do a risk assessment, not written but in my head each time. Does it have to be factually correct when its a simple decision for me?

Now if you were considering compulsion that may be differene, ive said before, that before something is to be law it would need to be considered very closely. for me to put one on before going out i dont need that level of investigation. Maybe you do? maybe you need factually correct before making the simplist of decisions

1487097 said:
Except you haven't answered. You have not shown me anything that is agreed. Redlight has told you that it is not agreed and that that which you say shows it doesn't.

This is common - avoid avoidance technique.

Compulsion became excluded because a mysterious quorum had "agreed" so!

"They feel safer" is I think a point made by the anti compulsionists, as in feel safer/take more risks.

Malted Milk biscuits phah ! Chocolate HobNobs all the way, with or without a helmet.

Oooooooooh danger!

But at least you have the sense not to eat custard creams!

CUSTARD creams are Britain's most dangerous biscuits, it was revealed yesterday A study claimed an estimated 25million people in Britain had been injured by biscuits.
Hidden dangers included flying fragments and daredevil dunking in scalding tea. And custard creams were the worst offenders, posing the biggest risk to innocent dunkers.
Around 500 people a year need hospital treatment because of biscuit injuries.
The study by Mindlab found 29 per cent of adults had been splashed or scalded by hot drinks while dunking or trying to fish the remnants from hot tea.
They also found 28 per cent had choked on crumbs and 10 per cent had broken a tooth or filling biting a biccy.
More unusually, three per cent had poked themselves in the eye with a biscuit and seven per cent were bitten by a pet or "other wild animal" trying to get their biscuit.
One man ended up stuck in wet concrete after wading in to pick up a stray biscuit.
Mindlab have now devised a Biscuit Injury Threat Evaluation, or B.I.T.E. Custard creams get a risk rating of 5.63.
The study was commissioned by Rocky - which was rated the country's third riskiest type of biscuit.
Mindlab International director Dr David Lewis said: "We tested the physical properties of 15 popular types of biscuits, along with aspects of their consumption such as dunkability and crumb dispersal.
"Then a mathematician correlated these findings with a nationwide survey of over 1000 adults."
Mike Driver, of Rocky, said: "Working with biscuits every day, we'd long suspected they're not as innocent as they look - and we were right."

Jezston

Über Member
haha i love this thread nearly every quote is funny.

my comment about if wearing a helmet gave you 1% extra safety why dont you wear one may have been taken literaly

its just a saying.

what i meant was if it helped in an accident by the smallest of margains why not wear one.

Why not wear one all the time then? When you are walking, driving, having dinner etc.

Why not?

david k

Hi
This is common - avoid avoidance technique.
Compulsion became excluded because a mysterious quorum had "agreed" so!

That was to help us discuss helmets without the diversion of compulsion agenda. As you cannot divide these i have come to realise any conversation with you must include it. Why would that be? Maybe as it helps you question peoples reasons for wearing a helmet, you dont appear to be able to allow people to wear them without questioning their reasons as it will 'support complusion'

You also claimed it was being ignored on a pro compulision thread

adam23

Why not wear one all the time then? When you are walking, driving, having dinner etc.

Why not?

i dont tend to have my dinner while riding my bike thats just wierd and im now concerned that you might be haha.
i do wear one when driving as i only do track days in cars and dont drive on the road.

my wife wears one when shes giving me oral because my gut hits her head so its safer for her, we remove the peak

so she doesnt poke my balls

twobiker

I know when I fall off without one I wish I was wearing it, and when I come back from a ride without it unscathed I think "do you really need it"?, time for a biscuit.

david k

Hi
1487124 said:
As an attempt to confine the core issue out of the way.

i didnt think it was the core issue. many threads were just about wearing helmets, benefits, reasons for wearing them etc, many didnt feel the pro compulsion should infiltrate every helmet debate. It was an attempt to let each thread have its own topic/agenda

You and some others now admit that you will refer to it on any helmet thread, therefore controlling every thread on the subject. i cannot discuss with like minded people helmet issues without YOUR agenda getting in the way.

the snail

Guru
what i meant was if it helped in an accident by the smallest of margains why not wear one.

when you go walking, there is a chance that you will trip up and hit your head, or walk into a lamppost, or get hit by a car or bicycle. As I understand it, the risk of head injury is greater than that from cycling, so if wearing a helmet while walking reduced the risk even by the smallest margin, why not wear one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom