Rechargeable clip on rear light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
will it fit on an aero seatpost? (I need another light for my S-Works and my Cycolite hotshot bracket does not fit)

Here's what the mount looks like.

image.jpeg

And the angle has click adjustments via a sprung screw..

image.jpeg

Click the pics for full size.

GC

The Leyzne Zecto was a great light but I found charging mine was penickety, the rubber seal would push the Micro USB cable out of the socket and for charging I had to tie it back with something. I put up with that though cause I really liked the light but eventually after a year and a half of quite frequent usage the rubber strap burst. I now using the Leyzne Strip Pro that has an easy integrated charging system (its like a USB stick) but it does have a clip though, I chose it because of its large rubber strap fits round most posts including a aero post.

Advantages / disadvantages in both . USB is great as can recharge batteries at work on laptop. Ran AAA rear lights for long enough and nowt wrong with them , just the issue of buying and also disposing of batteries .
Thats one of the reasons I bought the Leyne strip, I could charge it anywhere (no cables needed, just a usb port). The integrated battery thing though does concern me as when they are/ it is deceased so will the light be :wacko:

bikeman66

I use the Moon Comet R. £20 from Halfords.

Exceptionally bright on high power mode (35 lumens) but only lasts for 1h-45m on this setting. You'll get over 6 hours on standard power (10 lumens) which is still seriously visible. Also has all the usual flashing modes. Comes with a collection of brackets, including a clip-on mount. I particularly like the bracket which secures firmly to your saddle rails. Also has the ubiquitous stretchy rubber band and bracket whic allows you to mount it on an aero seat post.

USB rechargeable in about 2 hours (cable supplied). Quite a small light, but very, very bright. Really impressed with mine.

glasgowcyclist

I will pop into ASDA next week on tuesday

You mean Aldi!

GC

bikeman66

Thats one of the reasons I bought the Leyne strip, I could charge it anywhere (no cables needed, just a usb port). The integrated battery thing though does concern me as when they are/ it is deceased so will the light be :wacko:
Six of one, half a dozen of the other I guess. My back light was £20. I'm pretty confident that at the rate I use it and hence, need to recharge it, I should get at least three years use. I'm not going to lose any sleep over just under £7 per year, even if it means having to replace the whole unit.

Alternatively I also have a Cateye rear LED which uses AAA batteries. Rechargeables aren't the cheapest to buy, and they still have a finite service life. A couple of sets of rechargeable batteries and we are soon up around the cost of my £20 unit. Or I could keep buying alkaline AAA's, which I am sure would work out even more expensive over the lifetime of the light.

glasgowcyclist

Good question, I guess I mean bright enough to be visible....

I describe the levels as bright, very bright, and super bright.

On its lowest setting it will be very visible on an unlit road, whereas the two brighter settings are too bright for nighttime use and I'd reserve them for daytime use in low sun, or as a fog light.

It's actually quite painful to view directly.

GC

Top Bottom