Recommend a bottle cage - well two......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got one but for longer rides I'd like two on. I can't get another of the one I have (well, they have to match) and with it being a 52cm frame and an oval downtube, two of the same would fit but the bottles would interfere which brings me to the main point of the recommendation.

Because of the frame, the cages need to be adjustable up or down so that the bottles don't touch. I've already returned some to Wiggle which didn't fit.

So recommendations please from those who've solved this problem already.

This is the bike (well, as of 2008ish I don't have that bloody Brooks or the bag anymore)

67Xo44FpYQU_jSvOsRWybwANYNz8UMa89ASX73hK_Cd20FArxCdvFYqCDPiMjsTIx1nw6pxRnMjr-ectAi4clTMTS598P9lw.jpg

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Anyone got these, they seem to be adjustable

Lezyne-Flow-cage-front.jpg

si_c

Guru
I've got a set of elite custom race cages which I picked up from halfords. I needed a bit of adjustment on them as my frame will take 3 cages inside the triangle (61cm) but only if the lowest cage is shuffled all the way down.

Attachments

• IMAG0636.jpg
    IMAG0636.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMAG0634.jpg
    IMAG0634.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
C

Crackle

I guessed as much, but side loading cages would make bottle placement easier.
My only real problem with the placement is that one bottle impinges on the other slightly. So I can slide one in fully and the other most of the way in before it touches the other bottle. I think it does that because I've got a frame mount pump behind one cage bit I don't really want to move that, so if I can move both cages up a little it'll be OK. Plus I'll never get used to side loading cages, I'll drop the damn bottle trying to get it in; creature of habit me, never!

John342

I got Elite ones when I was building my last two frames, they seem to offer a good range of colours for what is the right price for me, my ti bike has crome painted one that seem to suit. They fit with me but I ride 54cm frames.

Another vote for the elite cages. I have got two on my boardman cx.

si_c

Guru
My only real problem with the placement is that one bottle impinges on the other slightly. So I can slide one in fully and the other most of the way in before it touches the other bottle. I think it does that because I've got a frame mount pump behind one cage bit I don't really want to move that, so if I can move both cages up a little it'll be OK. Plus I'll never get used to side loading cages, I'll drop the damn bottle trying to get it in; creature of habit me, never!
I think you just need to grow a bit, so you can use a larger frame.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I think I give up. I can't get two to fit without interference or making the downtube one so high as to make it hard to get out in which case I'd, as Si suggested, need a sideways loading one, which I'm not keen on. I'll just stop more and buy a bottle of water. Just an odd frame shape, I can comfortably fit two on my smaller framed mtn bike.

si_c

Guru
I think I give up. I can't get two to fit without interference or making the downtube one so high as to make it hard to get out in which case I'd, as Si suggested, need a sideways loading one, which I'm not keen on. I'll just stop more and buy a bottle of water. Just an odd frame shape, I can comfortably fit two on my smaller framed mtn bike.
Was just thinking, would shifting the bottle boss positions help? I recall seeing someone making a shift to do it, not sure where I saw it, but a quick google led me to this.

http://problemsolversbike.com/products/accessory-mounts/height_adapter_-_mprob83

Top Bottom