Recommendations please for Glove Liners for winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S8961

Über Member
When the temperature drops in the winter my fingers over-react and the result is painful. I have bought good quality heated gloves but they do not give out enough heat all the time. In fact they feel lovely and warm as I put my hand in the glove but once in there they do not feel warm. I am now considering an additional glove liner. Has anyone experience of what is the best for my type of problem?

Here is a link to a lot of glove liners:

http://www.shopwiki.co.uk/Glove+Liner

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
As a motorcyclist I used to swear by silk liners, with the heated glove, then thin wool, then my gloves.

As a cyclist I swear by DeFeeet Dura Merino gloves. Not liners exactly but they work really well.

OP
OP
S

S8961

Über Member
Reading all your comments I am inclined to go for one of the following. Sorry to ask for more comments but I have loads of gloves none of which seem to really work in the cold so I want to be cautious this time and ask for recommendations from actual users.

Which of the two would you recommend for snow, rain and cold?

EDZ All Season Liner Gloves

All season liner glove made from Coolmax. (98% polyester 2% Lycra) Seamless knitted construction. Use as a lightweight glove for all types of activities including running and cycling also thin enough to wear under protective outer gloves for skiing, motorcycling etc.

or

One Size in Black
A seamless Merino wool liner glove with added elastane for stretch.​

EDZ Merino Wool Liner Gloves

The EDZ Merino base layer is a natural alternative to the EDZ all season base layer for cold weather riding.

Made with the finest merino wool, these are soft next to the skin and comfortable to wear. Wool is one of the best insulators around, regulating temperature and managing moisture. EDZ Merino base layers are easy to live with, machine washable and shrink resistant.

Robin

joggingbob

Not answering you latest question but to add feedback, I find the Decathlon Silk gloves for runners fine as a liner for my winter cycle gloves. However, not sure what temperatures / wind chill you are cyling in unfortunately, (for recommendations), what is cold for one person may be fine for another.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Got some thin running gloves from Aldi and wear these under my Aldi winter cycling gloves. Worked well during the depths of last January

Garz

Squat Member
Both types (inner with normal) of glove system work well but for me in the heart of winter my specific windproof with built-in lining did the job best. They cost about £20 in a sale from CRC and as im one of the folk who get cold outer limbs easily they were a great purchase.

Top Bottom