Recommended chippies fish and chips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
Eastwoods in Skipton. They serve three different sizes of fish and even the smallest is bigger than usually seen elsewhere.
threw me there for a while as I know Skipton quite well and had never heard of it.
Turns out it's the place I know as Bizzie Lizzies, next to the canal bridge?
If so, yes, pretty good.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Grimsby Fisheries in Leicester is our best but seeing as we're about as far from the Coast as is possible it's not a good plaice for fish shops. @Fab Foodie

1612095755372.png

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Do you mean Aldburgh?
On a cycle camping tour I went to one on a corner which did takeways.
They were OK/not bad.
The pub on the other corner of street allowed you to eat your takeaway chips in their beeryard if you bought beer (it's decent beer) which I thought jolly civilised. And handy with a bike as the yard has open access. So I'd have to give that place a big plus on balance.
Many thanks for the other recommendations - noted.
Yes, that's the one. The pub still allowed you in with your takeaway. A very nice pub too.

Venod

Eh up
Have you all noticed a lot of Fish and Chip shops proclaim to be award winning, how many competitions are there, must be hundreds.
The Magpie is good but not my favourite Whitby Chippy, that's the one down Baxtergate, Royal Fisheries, no queues, cheaper and fine Fish and Chips.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Yorkshire Fisheries in Blackpool,consistently good.
Wheelans in Lytham St Anne's also never dissapoints.
Plenty more I could mention around me.Even more that I wouldn't recommend !

Looks like it has changed it's name since I last went, but that's a few years ago. Frontage has all been refurbed as well.

This is what it was like when I was a regular there.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Armstrong's at Prestwich on Bury Old Road.
One of my daughters always mithered to go there when we visited my mother who lived not too far away.

been like the top pic for years I think.
We used to go regularly on our way home from Time Trials on the A1 or A19. But that would be at the end of the last century. Looks like it has been completely knocked down and rebuilt. Interweb seems to indicate that Bizzie Lizzie is a small chain of chippies. Presumably Eastwoods sold up and retired.

Top Bottom