Regulations on Bridleways....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

Grouchfungus

mr_cellophane said:
That is most certainly not official. Apart from the shape, it is in the wrong place i.e. not on its' own post.

Hoddesdon eh? I haven't been that way for a few years. Lets have a local meet out there. :biggrin:

Cheshunt... so not far from Hoddy.

snorri

Legendary Member
Grouchfungus said:
Digi image enclosed... as long as I've attatched pics ok......
Definitely a pretend sign, the official no cycling sign does not have a red diagonal stripe.

OP
OP
G

Grouchfungus

snorri said:
Definitely a pretend sign, the official no cycling sign does not have a red diagonal stripe.

Thanks.

Got a call booked with Herts CC to sort out all the problems with signage. Council has wrong rights of way signs posted around, landowner keeps putting theses no cycling signs out. Flaming nuisance.:biggrin:

Ranger

Grouchfungus said:
Thanks.

Got a call booked with Herts CC to sort out all the problems with signage. Council has wrong rights of way signs posted around, landowner keeps putting theses no cycling signs out. Flaming nuisance.:biggrin:

If you want to get involved ask about your local access forum (possibly also Parish Paths Partnership) and how you can get involved with it. To be honest Hertfordshire have a pretty good reputation in the countryside industry, although I am not all that up to speed with their rights of way team it may be worth finding out who you local countryside officer/Ranger is from Herts Countryside Managment Service

OP
OP
G

Grouchfungus

Good news!!

Grouchfungus said:
Digi image enclosed... as long as I've attatched pics ok......

The no cycling signs have gone!!!

Phoned Herts CC to complain on Monday. Today - they're gone!! So someone out there does listen and do something.

Now got to get the council to change about 15 footpath signs into Bridleway signs. And get them to remove a 5 barred gate blocking another bridleway. And also get them to remove other private road no entry signs. It goes on.:biggrin:

Might not be so easy.

Cubist

Still wavin'
No.

Bizarre and hypocritical though it makes me, I cannot stand the thought of a dozen or more blue-rinsers plotting their next "ramble." I am very much a solitary type when it comes to the great outdoors, and in this neck of the woods you can walk/ride for hours without seeing another soul. That's what it's all about for me, not this sort of crap which makes my blood boil:

Parish round

Apr 5 2006 By The Huddersfield Daily Examiner
TWENTY members of the Huddersfield Healthy Life Ramblers' Club went on a circular walk from Almondbury Parish Church. The route included Pennyspring and Benomley woods, Bank Top, Fernside Park, Waterloo, Lascelles Hall and the lower side of Kirkheaton. The leader was John Roberts.

Leader!? What the f*ck do you want a leader for? More Regatta and Millets clothing than you can shake your stupid f*cking trekking poles at, and a tartan thermos of stewed tea is all you bloody need. You wouldn't even need a map 'cos you can see housing estates and main roads from all of those paths. Healthy bloody Life bloody Ramblers my arse, bunch of benighted coffin-dodgers more like. Get out and do it properly!

Cubist

Still wavin'
Sorry. Touched another nerve.

Cubist said:
No.

Bizarre and hypocritical though it makes me, I cannot stand the thought of a dozen or more blue-rinsers plotting their next "ramble." I am very much a solitary type when it comes to the great outdoors, and in this neck of the woods you can walk/ride for hours without seeing another soul. That's what it's all about for me, not this sort of crap which makes my blood boil:

Parish round

Apr 5 2006 By The Huddersfield Daily Examiner
TWENTY members of the Huddersfield Healthy Life Ramblers' Club went on a circular walk from Almondbury Parish Church. The route included Pennyspring and Benomley woods, Bank Top, Fernside Park, Waterloo, Lascelles Hall and the lower side of Kirkheaton. The leader was John Roberts.

Leader!? What the f*ck do you want a leader for? More Regatta and Millets clothing than you can shake your stupid f*cking trekking poles at, and a tartan thermos of stewed tea is all you bloody need. You wouldn't even need a map 'cos you can see housing estates and main roads from all of those paths. Healthy bloody Life bloody Ramblers my arse, bunch of benighted coffin-dodgers more like. Get out and do it properly!

Top quality rant Cubist 9:10 for effort :rofl: :becool:

Cubist

Still wavin'
very-near said:
Top quality rant Cubist 9:10 for effort :rofl: :becool:

I haven't f*cking started yet. The b*stards know I'm onto them and have changed their name. Only a determined checking of the smaller columns revealed this insidious little band of Tena-Lady clad busybodies who instead of striking out into the great outdoors chose to "ramble" around Summer Wine Country (don't get me started on that shite either....)
Huddersfield walkers on their travels

Apr 2 2009 by Natalie Mullin, Huddersfield Daily Examiner
Walkers went from Holmfirth to Huddersfield and back. The members of the Huddersfield Rucksack Club, led by Eileen Cartmell started in Holmfirth, then followed the Hills and Hamlets route to Hinchcliffe Mill, then followed field paths to Stubbin and Austonley. They continued along Nether Lane and across Blackpool Bridge to Issues Road before returning to Holmfirth via Hogley Green and Upperthong.

Life must just f*cking fly by.............

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
England really does have some weirdly arcane laws, I have always found this whole concept of trespass rather ludicrous. Fortunately I am living in a county which has a law that says you can cross any open land so long as you behave responsibly, so much more grown up.

OP
OP
G

Grouchfungus

Crikey!!

Cubist said:
I haven't f*cking started yet. The b*stards know I'm onto them and have changed their name. Only a determined checking of the smaller columns revealed this insidious little band of Tena-Lady clad busybodies who instead of striking out into the great outdoors chose to "ramble" around Summer Wine Country (don't get me started on that shite either....)
Huddersfield walkers on their travels

Apr 2 2009 by Natalie Mullin, Huddersfield Daily Examiner
Walkers went from Holmfirth to Huddersfield and back. The members of the Huddersfield Rucksack Club, led by Eileen Cartmell started in Holmfirth, then followed the Hills and Hamlets route to Hinchcliffe Mill, then followed field paths to Stubbin and Austonley. They continued along Nether Lane and across Blackpool Bridge to Issues Road before returning to Holmfirth via Hogley Green and Upperthong.

Life must just f*cking fly by.............

Blimey mate, I hope your posts are just tung in cheek! :evil::tongue:

Top Bottom