Replacing my folder(s) thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Attempt 2 for Brommie trial ride underway. Eat, ride back to work, park bike in workshop, run to station, train to Freiburg. Aim to get back in time to collect bike before work locks up for the night.

This is one reason I'm after a folder; I don't like leaving my bike in Freiburg even for a short time.

Succeeded; test ride complete; reserved; pickup on Friday.

Last edited:

berlinonaut

Veteran
Succeeded; test ride complete; Reserved. Pickup on Friday.

Wow! That was a fast decision! What did you go for?

Wow! That was a fast decision! What did you go for?

The decision had been gradually made over the last few months; I'd considered a folder half a dozen times over many years, but couldn't afford one or talked myself out of it, then realised that with life and work going in the direction they are I would use one a great deal. I originally thought of a Tern for the reasons we've discussed elsewhere, but realised that wouldn't work.

The process accelerated for various reasons in recent weeks and days, and for my test ride the shop had the exact model I wanted in the colour I wanted, and when I tried it it was far more comfortable than I expected, so it was a no-brainer.

It's a model C with the rear rack, lights, and straight bar, in British Racing Green.

Last edited:

berlinonaut

Veteran
It's a model C with the rear rack, lights, and straight bar, in British Racing Green.
Congrats! You won't regret it. Get a front bag along with it (choose wisely) and you will probably be a happy camper!

Here's a list of almost all commonly available bags (exceptions mentioned in the article) for the carrier block, sorted by volume:
https://bromptonauten.cc/threads/ueberblick-taschen-fuer-den-brompton-traegerblock.704/

Currently 65 bags to choose from. :tongue:

And here's an overview about all backpacks available for the carrier block:

https://bromptonauten.cc/threads/rucksaecke-fuer-den-traegerblock-ueberblick.169/

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The decision had been gradually made over the last few months; I'd considered a folder half a dozen times, but couldn't afford one or talkied myself out of it, then realised that with life and work going in the direction they are I would use one a great deal. I originally thought of a Tern for the reasons we've discussed elsewhere. The process accelerated for various reasons in the last few weeks and days. they had the exact model I wanted in the colour I wanted, and when I tried it it was far more comfortable than I expected, so it was a no-brainer.

Excellent news! Enjoy in good health. Only folks with exceptional good taste and style ride British Racing Green Bromptons.

OP
OP
brommieinkorea

brommieinkorea

A bit harsh on the Europeans, considering 11% of muricans have never even left their home state.

When a typical US state is significantly larger than most countries in Europe or the UK, not leaving ones state doesn't sound significant. But, really meant as a jab at Brompton Ltd, as they actually list cities without a state on the store finder. So the dealer network is real thin and the company does not want to make tools and parts available. As far as people traveling, yeah the bike wasn't made to travel like I use it, and the newest one has cycled in 26 different states.

Nibor

Bewildered
The decision had been gradually made over the last few months; I'd considered a folder half a dozen times over many years, but couldn't afford one or talked myself out of it, then realised that with life and work going in the direction they are I would use one a great deal. I originally thought of a Tern for the reasons we've discussed elsewhere, but realised that wouldn't work.

The process accelerated for various reasons in recent weeks and days, and for my test ride the shop had the exact model I wanted in the colour I wanted, and when I tried it it was far more comfortable than I expected, so it was a no-brainer.

A front bag is a good investment for a Brompton and I believe there is one for sale at the moment https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/brompton-s-bag.292843/
Nothing to do with me but they ride very well with a load on the front

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
A front bag is a good investment for a Brompton and I believe there is one for sale at the moment https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/brompton-s-bag.292843/
Nothing to do with me but they ride very well with a load on the front

They do that. I've toured on mine, and the handling is less skittish with weight up front.
Having said that, I've also done an unladen 50mph going down a col in Provence, so skittish doesn't scare me as much as maybe it should...

Nibor

Bewildered
They do that. I've toured on mine, and the handling is less skittish with weight up front.
Having said that, I've also done an unladen 50mph going down a col in Provence, so skittish doesn't scare me as much as maybe it should...
I did 46 on mine having the power of momentum should have seen my friend on his carbon road bike trying to keep up.

I did it...

2023_08_11_Brompton_01.jpg

Top Bottom