Reporting mobile use while driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Pretty sure I'd know if being a furry had been made illegal. Xkcd would have said, wouldn't they?

:laugh: are you actually a cyclist?

Hi gaz. Yes,I most certainly am,albeit not like I used to be in the 50's & 60's and again in the 80's. Marriage,family & commitments took priority then. I then was self employed for my last 30yrs of my work. I took up the bike again in the late 80's/early 90's only to have my right knee cave-in.
I now ride again but only to keep the new knee functional,nothing over taxing. I still climb the lumps and bumps around Parbold,Wrightington,Upholland & Rainford. At 65 all things considered I can still give my eldest & youngest daughters a run for their money, both on the flat and climbing.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
You didn't really get my hidden point, which was, you don't really come across as a cyclist. You seem to have an image which is commonly held by motorists. "All cyclists break road laws, cycling through red lights and riding on the pavement"
Which isn't the case.
On the other hand all white van drivers are overweight males who drive like idiots and wolf whistle at ladies.

It's good to hear your still cycling, keep it up!

You didn't really get my hidden point, which was, you don't really come across as a cyclist. You seem to have an image which is commonly held by motorists. "All cyclists break road laws, cycling through red lights and riding on the pavement"
Which isn't the case.
On the other hand all white van drivers are overweight males who drive like idiots and wolf whistle at ladies.

It's good to hear your still cycling, keep it up!

Hi again gaz. No, I have been there,done that and thrown away a tattered jersey many a time. I have ridden on pavements and with no lights (delayed by a girl friend,yes she did get punctured;but not her tyres!!!!!!!!!) and got hauled over by a cousin of Dixon of Dock Green and well & truly nicked,on both counts. Not even my Scouse whit about the punctured girl friend saved me). I think he was P***ed off because he was on night duty.
The latest breed of white van is not Male,if you are really lucky you will see a tasty single mum that needs to work and survive in a world that was dominated by little short of Viking Descendants.
I believe that a minority of the males still do whistle,but at other (apparent) blokes!!!!!!!!.
At 65yrs old and still alive(at present) and still riding, the only thing that I need to prove (to myself) is that I can still do it and stay alive on the Tarmacadam Jungle.

OMG you are a caravanner!!!! The horror!!!

Hi BentMikey. Can I assume (although it is not a regular practice of mine) that the OMG was in my direction. If it wasn't please excuse me,if it was then yes I am,all 26ft of it. An Elddis Crusader SuperSirocco.
My other confession is a passion for 'Big boys toys'. More apt in my case because I am 4'10" tall in my bare feet. My current passion is my 1997 Volvo V70 T5 CD Auto. S**T off a greased shovel. The police did not only have these for taking traffic cones on their holidays. When I first got it, a very good friend of mine that had one of those rather less lively Ford Sierra Cosworths asked me to describe the car in a few words,my reply was short & straight to the point;an orgasm on four tyres. The car has now got 197,000miles on it and it never fails to light up my face.
Even with a large twin axle caravan on the back it is no slouch.
I have just acquire a 2000 V70 2.4T SE (the low pressure turbo model) 200bhp and it is not much behind the T5 in the smile stakes.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL, you also missed my hidden point about taking your own anti-camera prejudice and pointing it back at you via caravan prejudice. In reality I rather like caravans, and miss the brilliant holidays we used to have as kids in our parents one.

p.s. you have got to be another member having a laugh, right?

Hi again BentMikey. No No No, thrice times a thousand times No.

This total moron is now a real public threat & liability. The sentence is not severe enough. He wanted locking up for a few months and a £150.00 is a joke. An unemployed uninsured person in charge of a moving motor vehicle and with a mobile phone in their face,never mind the details of the additional phone,this guy wants putting out of the way of a vulnerable public.
If the car that he was driving was his and his alone (by receipt) it should have been impounded and not released until his ban is expired and a driving test is taken. The mobile phones, again if his (by receipt) should be confiscated and disabled at the network and effectively turned into scrap.

Seigi

I wish they had this sort of thing where I live, almost got hit earlier by a car whose driver was on a mobile phone while trying to overtake me with an oncoming traffic island...

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
What you really need to do is join up as a Police Special....You can then hand out your own tickets for mobile phone using offenders or if not on duty, wait until you are next in uniform, Send out a NiP and invite them down to the nick for a quick interview and ticket...Simples.

What you really need to do is join up as a Police Special....You can then hand out your own tickets for mobile phone using offenders or if not on duty, wait until you are next in uniform, Send out a NiP and invite them down to the nick for a quick interview and ticket...Simples.

Hi Vikeonabike. Iam not quite sure whether the quoted content is for me or any of the others that have added a response.
Irrespective of that, your Cavalier attitude to hand held mobile phones being used whilst either driving or riding a bike is astonishing.
Wait and see what happens when you become a victim. If you already have been a victim that is even more astonishing.

Top Bottom