Reporting mobile use while driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apart from a stern Paddington Bear stare, they're gonna do fukall when I'm filtering past stationary traffic. My question was more on the legality of tapping on someone's window.

You sound just like the tw@t behind the wheel from this morning's window tap.

So you did tap on someone's window and did get the response I suggested you would, what a surprise.

Cyclists are pretty much despised as it is so you go around pi$$ing people off even more?

I agree it's ok to tap on someone window and tell them to do something if you are prepared to deal with the consequences and have a scrap. Problem is these days most people aren't, whether cyclist or driver most like to shout or offend others then speed off when it comes to backing up their mouth.

ignore them and mind your own business because any man with a pair of nuts is not going to let his ego tolerate another man (usually an effeminate looking man at that in lycra) tell him what to do without a verbal or physical reaction. What do you think they are going to say ? Oh yes dad I'll pop that away right now sorry.

The first time I ever did this, the driver threw his phone on the passenger seat. Then looked up at me and waved apology.

Last week was the first one in a long while (my commute is fairly rural, so long queues are not the norm); she didn't really seem to know what the issue was.

People vary. If they're acting like d1cks, it seems worth pointing it out, you never know the outcome.

november4

The worst is drivers thinking they have the right of way over cyclists. Had a BMW driver nearly sideswipe my daughter & wife pulling out from parked position on sidesteet, then he was annoyed at my wife having called out a warning and rocked out to intimidate me, had to swerve, then drove along side me to say I should watch where I was going.

Usually I'm calm but I lost it, I would probably have been the one done for assault if he hadn't sped off. I'm seriously thinking of getting video device

T4tomo

Legendary Member
So according to some people in this forum, we should just let drivers such as the one in the link below go on without challenge until they hurt or kill someone
https://road.cc/content/news/teenage-cyclist-hit-driver-watching-netflix-bike-lane-301877

There is a moral, albeit not a legal difference, between driving along watching Netflix (or doing anything with your phone whilst moving/ driving), and checking message etc whilst stationary at a set of lights etc. Both are illegal, the latter is is multiples more dangerous. Very few people have been injured by a stationery car.

whilst i wouldn't advocate using your phone at al whilst in the car, I certainly wouldn't advocate tying to "poice" mobile use, in a stationery queu of vehicles.

Twunts driving along with a phone in one had engrossed it in however, are fair game...

C R

Guru
There is a moral, albeit not a legal difference, between driving along watching Netflix (or doing anything with your phone whilst moving/ driving), and checking message etc whilst stationary at a set of lights etc. Both are illegal, the latter is is multiples more dangerous. Very few people have been injured by a stationery car.

whilst i wouldn't advocate using your phone at al whilst in the car, I certainly wouldn't advocate tying to "poice" mobile use, in a stationery queu of vehicles.

Twunts driving along with a phone in one had engrossed it in however, are fair game...

I'd wager that twunts watching Netflix on their mobile in stationary traffic will do so also when traffic is moving.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm seriously thinking of getting video device
I had an incident last year which ended up in a driver assaulting me, then a few weeks later a council van overtook me whilst I was overtaking a car, TBH I still don't know how he managed it unless his drivers wheels were on the pavement. When I reported it to the council they were not interested as the was no video footage & both the driver & the passenger said it didn't happen.

I bought 2 cameras, but took them off & returned them a week later, it was making me more paranoid with them on than it was without them.

Top Bottom