Requesting help from CTC members

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Requesting help from CTC members

Very few members of the CTC either view or contribute to this or other forums.

As the result there is no way to gauge the support for the current direction of the CTC.

It is not possible for CTC trustees to communicate directly with their constituents.

I was wondering if other members would be interested in forwarding emails to other CTC members concerning the direction of the CTC.

The aim is to gauge the support within the CTC and if possible for them to send their comment to an email address.

No.

Boring.

Stop.

Recently three (not me may I say) CTC Trustees have tried but their copy was considered to be too divisive so was stop by the chair.
The chair comments stated that the trustee need to adhere to collective decision making.
This not unusual the CTC he has always held all the lever of communication.
I did not even try to send a message I knew this would happen.
The chair did say the council need to find ways to permit different view to be expressive to the membership within their legal duties as a charity.

LocalLad

Recently three (not me may I say) CTC Trustees have tried but their copy was considered to be too divisive so was stop by the chair.
The chair comments stated that the trustee need to adhere to collective decision making.
This not unusual the CTC he has always held all the lever of communication.
I did not even try to send a message I knew this would happen.
The chair did say the council need to find ways to permit different view to be expressive to the membership within their legal duties as a charity.
Within my profession, I deal with trustees frequently...different arrangements, but same principles. I have to agree with the chair - trustees aren't anything in isolation, and must act as a collection. I'm sure the trust deed sets out voting rights etc, which may or may not permit the chair to veto something. If it does, and the power is used unreasonably, you either need a new chair, or a new constitution

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm in the CTC, but if Mr Bedstead keeps whittling on I won't be for much longer. And a chair is a piece of furniture, not a person.

It does sound dull the CTC. And +1 for why they don't use the CTC forum?

Cos the CTC forum is the ISIS of cycling forums, with arguments , disagreements, and even the occasional stabbing being the norm. Makes our SC&P forum feel all warm and welcoming.

Top Bottom