Ribble cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
Half of the "high end" bikes come with crap wheels unless you spend a fortune and even then you will get a mid range wheelset. A mate of mine who was buying a Cervelo S5 phoned and asked me what I thought of the spec. Nice frame :thumbsup: Ultegra good :thumbsup: Shimano r500 wheels :wacko: wtf, on a bike he was about to spend over two grand on. Told to him to insist on better wheels and the shop stuck a set of Fulcrum Racing 5's on. Hardly outstanding wheels but better than a sub £100 set of Shimanos.
I discovered cracks around the spoke holes in the rear rim of my R501s today - contacted Ribble where I bought them and they asked if the rim wear indicators were still visible - the rear rim has already gone past the indicator so I'm not expecting a good response even though the wheels are 12 months old and they have a 2 year warranty. Buy cheap buy twice!

shadow master

I discovered cracks around the spoke holes in the rear rim of my R501s today - contacted Ribble where I bought them and they asked if the rim wear indicators were still visible - the rear rim has already gone past the indicator so I'm not expecting a good response even though the wheels are 12 months old and they have a 2 year warranty. Buy cheap buy twice!
Seen loads of those like that,its very common to see cracks like a spider's web,creeping from nipples,beware when they let go they let go!!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I had intended to use them for longer and keep an eye on it - are you saying to bin the wheel right now before it kills me?
OTOH I did thousands of miles on a set of R501s and I'm assuming the now owner of the bike they were on did so.

shadow master, if you haven't realised is the forums new know it all doombringer. He's seen and done it all..

shadow master

OTOH I did thousands of miles on a set of R501s and I'm assuming the now owner of the bike they were on did so.

shadow master, if you haven't realised is the forums new know it all doombringer. He's seen and done it all..
Just because you had one set that done thousands of miles,your opinion is that they just don't crack!I see a lot more wheels than the ones I ride,I'm surrounded by them all day,so believe I'm in a better position than some to give an overview of the products in the real world,and I have seen at least 6 of these wheels cracked all over in the last couple of months,one rear only 2 days ago that had split like a banana between the nipples....try telling that rider they just never split,he was seriously injured when the back wheel jammed.
I have seen at least 6 pair in the last 6 months cracked all over

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Just because you had one set that done thousands of miles,your opinion is that they just don't crack!I see a lot more wheels than the ones I ride,I'm surrounded by them all day,so believe I'm in a better position than some to give an overview of the products in the real world,and I have seen at least 6 of these wheels cracked all over in the last couple of months,one rear only 2 days ago that had split like a banana between the nipples....try telling that rider they just never split,he was seriously injured when the back wheel jammed.
I have seen at least 6 pair in the last 6 months cracked all over
I never said they don't crack, I said the set I had was fine for thousands of miles. That to me is enough to form the opinion that the set I had, did not crack.

How dare someone have a positive experience with a product while you're doombringing again? The audacity!

Top Bottom