England : London RideLondon 100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daryl Donald

I am bit disappointed not to get a place, but then I figured the world will possibly be a better place if folk who can raise a stack of cash for charities get to do the ride.

I genuinely thought the magazine they sent out was pretty good!

We have 2 available charity places at International Voluntary Service, for more details visit our website http://ivsgb.org/info/8-news/248-ridelondon-2013.html. or contact helen@ivsgb.org who is very happy to discuss the process in more detail and send out application forms

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I am bit disappointed not to get a place, but then I figured the world will possibly be a better place if folk who can raise a stack of cash for charities get to do the ride.

I genuinely thought the magazine they sent out was pretty good!

I thought the magazine was pretty good too. Are you considering applying for any of the "golden ticket" places? I visited all the website of the charities that had adverts in the magazine, all of them are offering applications for places.

lozcs

Guru
It really doesn't sit comfortable with me this 'has got to raise *insert amount here*'.
It should be 'try your best to raise as much as you can'

I looked into doing for breast cancer before I got a place and to be fair they state "try your best to raise £xxx"

BJH

Über Member
I got in but not quite sure whether there was any logic in how they decided on this.

Someone I know has opted to go the charity place route because they wanted to get in so much.

Presumably it's the luck of the draw.

musa

Über Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they said in the t&c, you'll need to make up the shortfall. But if no minimum is stated, I suppose you'll be alright.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I'm riding for Beating Bowelcancer. It's a real challenge for me. I'm currently over 21st. I've ridden 1,100 miles in the last 4 months. I'm fitter and lighter than when I started and am aiming to be 16st by the ride in Aug.

The charity gets sponsorship nd I'll change my life.

Having ridden through the worst of the winter it's bound to get easier as it warms up and the nights get lighter.

The route was published last week but I haven't seen a profile of the hills. Can someone point me to one as google cant find anything.

Reactions: BJH

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm riding for Beating Bowelcancer. It's a real challenge for me. I'm currently over 21st. I've ridden 1,100 miles in the last 3 months. I'm fitter and lighter than when I started and am aiming to be 16st by the ride in Aug.

The charity gets sponsorship nd I'll change my life.

Having ridden through the worst of the winter it's bound to get easier as it warms up and the nights get lighter.

The route was published last week but I haven't seen a profile of the hills. Can someone point me to one as google cant find anything.

That's a great achievement, you've already won! I hope you enjoy the ride.

Jdratcliffe

I Got In and if your still wanting a place there are a load of charities wanting/needing riders on twitter!

Jdratcliffe

:ohmy: What have I done?

OK if I see that a majority will be available during the summer, then I see why not?

I'll try to locate the actual route (the route being the Olympic route otherwise, we shall do the 'amateur' route)

If anyone can find the route too then let me know. Then I shall look for elevenses and what not. If (and when) I get the time, I shall do a recce ride maybe June/July.

Are we happy now?:laugh: (No promises but I'll be on the case)

http://www.prudentialridelondon.co....tial_RideLondon___Route_Info___The_Routes.htm

Top Bottom