England : London RideLondon 100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
my sod off magazine too arrived yesterday :angry:

TBH honest the word "charity" is getting on my nerves. These minimum targets and aggressive marketing leave a sour taste in my mouth

Unfortunately these type of events would always be a money raising exercise.

Mallory

Unfortunately these type of events would always be a money raising exercise.
There are a couple of events i'd like to do but you either have to commit to a large fund-raising target or pay a large entry fee. This is seriously putting me off from doing them

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There are a couple of events i'd like to do but you either have to commit to a large fund-raising target or pay a large entry fee. This is seriously putting me off from doing them

The don't do them. The more people that refuse to do these rip off's the better.
Have a look at Audax rides instead. For a miniscule cost you get to ride the same roads, with like minded people and far better controls usually offering real food rather then a high5 gel and mouldy bananas.

bianchi1

Guru
The don't do them. The more people that refuse to do these rip off's the better.
Have a look at Audax rides instead. For a miniscule cost you get to ride the same roads, with like minded people and far better controls usually offering real food rather then a high5 gel and mouldy bananas.

I agree, take the etap for example..I don't get why people pay to join thousands of people to ride an organised route. I understand that it's closed roads, but from what I hear its so crowded people are having to go so steady on the descents it takes all the fun out of them.

I would much rather go a few days earlier or a few days after and just ride over exactly the same roads, but in blissfull solitude! (And for free)

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've been reading the wrong thread! I'm in amd so is my wife. We are really looking forward to it. Going down on the choo choo the day before, hotel booked.

Sorted

Bosh

Tuesday!

mitch

well im in ,not sure how the rides gonna br though ,done a few etapes with 9000 and was ok ,but 20,000 on british roads with no mountains to sort the experienced from the fun riders ,i will treat as a fun run i think

Stu Smith

Veteran
my sod off magazine too arrived yesterday :angry:

TBH honest the word "charity" is getting on my nerves. These minimum targets and aggressive marketing leave a sour taste in my mouth
Its a follow on from the London marathon..the money you have to pledge to raise for charity is unreal..I've been fortunate I've gained a good for age place for the last four years. Thought they might have done this for RideLondon100..might have been a problem proving your times when thinking about it. May be next year when they have this years data..

philk56

Guru
on the plus side, because I paid up front and said keep the money I also got a rather snazzy new cycling top, so thats a nice consolation, seems prett good quality too, Would probably cost £50 to buy that quality anyway

Yes, I got one as well - looks nice.

I'd definitely be up for a CC 100 if it's on.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Entered this ballot with two other mates...

I''m in.... ^_^ they're not! :sad:

same, ones hoping to ride for charity though. £450 to raise between us though.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
The reason I entered the ballot was to make sure I could decide which charities/ies I raise money for and, more importantly, my target amount.

Just in from a turbo session so now it's wine o'clock!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That shouldn't be difficult. My wife is running the London marathon this year and has got to raise 2K for cancer research!

It really doesn't sit comfortable with me this 'has got to raise *insert amount here*'.
It should be 'try your best to raise as much as you can'

Lee_M

Guru
It really doesn't sit comfortable with me this 'has got to raise *insert amount here*'.
It should be 'try your best to raise as much as you can'

agreed, I signed up for the moonride london2cambridge and london2brighton and have felt so bad touching up my mates to get the sponsorship that next time if I want to do it Ill pay my own way.

Top Bottom