England : London RideLondon 100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah, I'm in.
Only joking, I'm Cancelled too. :sad:

This is all very odd, how can everyone so far be cancelled? Is it only those who agreed to raise £1000 who get a place?
I assumed I wouldn't get in for this reason - I didn't specify a charity as the one I wanted to raise for wasn't on their list. Oddly enough it is now - but will still do my fundraising separately. I'll be paying the £48 fee myself so every penny will therefore go to the charity and not some admin clerks pocket!

Norry1

Legendary Member
Yep, I got the Acceptance Magazine today, but not had time to read it.

actonblue

Über Member
I did not get in and they sent me a jersey I want to cancel the payment I am that miffed.
I bet you that font of all cycling knowledge Gilligoon is on it Twonk!

martint235

Dog on a bike
I got my 'Commiserations' magazine today :cursing:

Advertising numerous Charity places available :excl:
Yep I got one of those. Wonder why they couldn't just send an email, cheaper and quicker.

zizou

Veteran
Got the magazine today and im in woo hoo!

I do feel sorry for those who didnt get in - when answering all the questions when signing up it IMO gave the impression that there was going to be a weighting towards those who could answer the questions (like putting in a British Cycling number, examples of past sportives, proof of times in these, etc) and there was an emphasis being put on being able to finish the event before the cut off because of the pro race following on from it - but it seems it was a free for all!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Got the magazine today and im in woo hoo!

I do feel sorry for those who didnt get in - when answering all the questions when signing up it IMO gave the impression that there was going to be a weighting towards those who could answer the questions (like putting in a British Cycling number, examples of past sportives, proof of times in these, etc) and there was an emphasis being put on being able to finish the event before the cut off because of the pro race following on from it - but it seems it was a free for all!
Indeed. Why bother asking that stuff if it made no difference? Nothing against those who are going to need to train up for this, good luck to them, but the (not terribly honest or helpful) emphasis on charity places could risk them having to pull a lot of people off the course.

Lee_M

Guru
i got my sod off magazine today too.

on the plus side, because I paid up front and said keep the money I also got a rather snazzy new cycling top, so thats a nice consolation, seems prett good quality too, Would probably cost £50 to buy that quality anyway

Mallory

my sod off magazine too arrived yesterday :angry:

TBH honest the word "charity" is getting on my nerves. These minimum targets and aggressive marketing leave a sour taste in my mouth

Top Bottom