RideLondon-Essex 100 (2022) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dickyknees

Guru
These roads are shutting from 04:00 on the 29th May so I guess that the starting pens will be down Whitehall and the A3211 to the start on Victoria Embankment.

Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 16.47.49.png

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Oh cool. It's not like that stage had crashes that pretty much ended someone's racing career(!) :rolleyes: Let's hope spectators on the route have learned not to stand on the course to take photos, or at least that marshals stop them this time.
To be fair I think you could take any TdF stage at random and have a fair to middling chance that the it had crashes.

I somehow doubt that there will be spectators clamouring to take photos. Brandish pitchforks, maybe.

DaveM77

So how’s everyone’s training going? Are you doing a structured plan or just as it comes?
This distance is a first for me. The most I’ve done before is 60miles (when training for this before Covid cancelled it).
My plan is to increase long ride by 10miles every 2 weeks. I can only get out for a longer ride every other weekend due to childcare etc.
during the week I’m trying to do at least 1 cycle, hopefully 2 around the 30 mile distance. Now evenings are staying lighter longer it’s a lot easier.
This weekend is a 45-50 miler

DaveM77

That’s good to know. Just seen on my route today I did a third of the total climbing of the ride 100. I’ve got this 👍🏻😂

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
So how’s everyone’s training going? Are you doing a structured plan or just as it comes?
This distance is a first for me. The most I’ve done before is 60miles (when training for this before Covid cancelled it).
My plan is to increase long ride by 10miles every 2 weeks. I can only get out for a longer ride every other weekend due to childcare etc.
during the week I’m trying to do at least 1 cycle, hopefully 2 around the 30 mile distance. Now evenings are staying lighter longer it’s a lot easier.
Just as it comes really, plus I'm trying to force myself out of bed to do regular intervals on the turbo in the mornings. I'm doing an imperial century every month plus shorter, hillier, rides.

It will be my 83rd century so the distance isn't the issue. I am a wee bit concerned about cutoff times though. But I doubt I'll be able to make myself faster so I'll just have to see what happens.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
If you reach a point where you're comfortable on a 70-75 mile ride you'll be fine. Your plan to increase by 10 miles is good. Rest for a full week before the event.

This is a pan flat route, nothing to worry about.

Holloway55

Definitely going to catch a few people out with it being earlier in the year, it's only 10weeks away! Normally people will have all summer to train. Being mostly flat will certainly help though, just need to find a nice working group and it'll be a breeze.

Just got the email about the FreeCycle. It used to be on the Saturday before RideLondon and made a lovely start to the weekend, particularly for those travelling down to London from further afield. A chance to register, collect the rider pack, then stretch the legs and do some sightseeing before Sunday's ride.

This year it's on the Sunday...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Just got the email about the FreeCycle. It used to be on the Saturday before RideLondon and made a lovely start to the weekend, particularly for those travelling down to London from further afield. A chance to register, collect the rider pack, then stretch the legs and do some sightseeing before Sunday's ride.

This year it's on the Sunday...
Well that sucks. I know people who didn't enter this year because it's too far/much for one day, whereas the Saturday sightseeing and circuit races made a weekend of it.

Any news on timings? Will FreeCycle be taking spectators away from the sportive or the racing?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I thought this might be the year to finally do the freeycle,. Am disappointed that it will clash with the 100.
Perhaps I will have the time & energy to do both. I can't see* when the Freecycle finishes, but the roads remain closed until 7:30pm.

*Admittedly my examination of the website was what my wife would call "a man look".

Just as it comes really, plus I'm trying to force myself out of bed to do regular intervals on the turbo in the mornings. I'm doing an imperial century every month plus shorter, hillier, rides.

It will be my 83rd century so the distance isn't the issue. I am a wee bit concerned about cutoff times though. But I doubt I'll be able to make myself faster so I'll just have to see what happens.
Wow 83 century rides, that's impressive @Dogtrousers.
Do you know what the cut off times are?

Top Bottom