RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2017) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Allow 40 minutes due to congestion of cyclists, though.

CS2 is open for cycling to the start, plus there'll be so many it'll occupy the left carriageway lane too, but the city centre section of CS3 will be unavailable if it's still on the route.

On waiting for friends... they really don't like you to stop until after the Limehouse link tunnels because official and team vehicles for the later race will driving along the course plus riders won't have started to stretch out much yet before then.
Took us under 30 mins from Barking to the zones. 6 miles, we weren't fast. No congestion from traffic or cyclists anywhere :smile:

Rustybucket

Veteran
It's easy to cycle in, once you get about 5 miles out just follow all the other cyclists. There's also loads of signposts to the start. I cycled in and home from Staines 2 years ago!

vickster

Legendary Member
We don't know where he's cycling from. It may not be the City of London proper, but the city, a big place

DaveyM

Über Member
Thanks again

Managed to find a hotel in tower hamlet now. Bit closer and looks easy to get to the start from there. Just need to work out what to do with the car now :blink:

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks again

Managed to find a hotel in tower hamlet now. Bit closer and looks easy to get to the start from there. Just need to work out what to do with the car now :blink:
Leave it at home, take the train, book in advance :smile: no hideous long Sunday evening drive after a day of cycling

Last edited:
Reactions: mjr
I will be cycling in from the Travelodge in Woolwich.

Can anyone recommend anywhere open early enough that I can stop and pick breakfast up on route.

Last edited:

Lee gg

Got confirmation I'm in this year's prudential 100 mile ride this year.

Can anyone recommend anywhere open early enough that I can stop and pick breakfast up on route.
I can't :smile:

Do you have your start time yet? That would factor recommendations.

There will be places open, but finding the ultimate it would help others (not me) to know what time.

BTW, travelodge have a perfectly decent breakfast bag for £3 or close.

24 hour cafe opposite Liverpool Street station, it's small so don't think a bike will fit as well.

Is it worth going 6 miles out of your way for? (Woolwich to QE Park, 6 miles. Via Liverpool Street, 12 miles)

vickster

Legendary Member

Does the room have a kettle? Couple of pots of instant porridge (there are even unsweetened ones now) and banana. What we did at the TL in Barking. Couldn't stomach a fry up at that time!

Lee gg

Thanks again

Park on Sunday all day free at Finsbury square (old Street) 4 miles from the start and same from the finish. Also few minutes from tower hamlets.

vickster

Legendary Member
@DaveyM
Be aware that lots of the roads in the City will be closed for the rides on Saturday and Sunday, so some parts will be tough to access. I can't imagine you'll be wanting to find parking away from the Olympic Park before the ride and then have to navigate back when roads are closed. You could have a 6am start time.
You might just be able to leave your car where you are staying and the go back afterwards...ask them what parking there is close by, could be free from Saturday eve and all day Sunday
Or take the train to/from London ;)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...

Bacon butties, bought the night before.

Or wait till you get to the start - they usually lay on coffee and pancake vans, and some start zones may even have something more substantial available.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom