RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2017) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Bacon butties, bought the night before.

Or wait till you get to the start - they usually lay on coffee and pancake vans, and some start zones may even have something more substantial available.
I'd go with the instant porridge cup idea rather than cold bacon sarnie. It looks like there's lights on in Westfield, including the Chestnut Plaza food area but I don't know if anyone there's serving food. There's a coffee+waffles truck about 5m50 in:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaPzZXmhHtY

cliveyp

I seems to remember there being a couple of butty wagon places at the start last year, opposite the bag drop off

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just as I was forgetting about my latest rejection magazine, they decided to rub it in a bit with an email entitled "2017 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 UK Straight Rejected"

We regret to advise you that your application to participate in the 2017 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 has been unsuccessful. Yadda yadda yadda.

It's the email title that gets me. "Straight Rejected" No messing around. We rejected you straight away. We saw you coming, chum.

mjr

It's the email title that gets me. "Straight Rejected" No messing around. We rejected you straight away. We saw you coming, chum.
I think that's a classic example of "jargon incontinence" where internal jargon accidentally escapes into public-facing communcations. Now, who wants to be the first to reply and complain that they've no idea whether you're straight or not? ;)

vickster

Legendary Member
No luck here for the 5th time. How do these celeb types get in every year??
By being celebs...and there are probably only a handful out of the 24k when all is said and done. Still charity places if you want to go that route

Tin Pot

Guru
Anyone got a place?

I've received a successful letter, and also a commiseration (!)

Assuming they've made a mistake on the commiseration I'm trying to decide whether to ride or defer a year, or just cancel it.

I know a couple of guys who have done it, one as a corporate team the other with a big group of friends - for me I think I'll be on me todd...

I seem to recall that you want to get out early ahead of the mob - Id be averaging at about 25-30kph at a decent effort maybe faster if I tried to really burn it up with a chain gang.

Anyone else in?

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Anyone got a place?

I've received a successful letter, and also a commiseration (!)

Assuming they've made a mistake on the commiseration I'm trying to decide whether to ride or defer a year, or just cancel it.

I know a couple of guys who have done it, one as a corporate team the other with a big group of friends - for me I think I'll be on me todd...

I seem to recall that you want to get out early ahead of the mob - Id be averaging at about 25-30kph at a decent effort maybe faster if I tried to really burn it up with a chain gang.

Anyone else in?
Did it last year, don't cancel, just do it, you won't get a choice on your start time, that will be given to you. Mega event worth doing particularly as you got a place which it seems is as rare as hens teeth. It doesn't matter if your on your own, probably better in fact as you won't have anyone to keep up with or wait for.

mjr

Mega event worth doing particularly as you got a place which it seems is as rare as hens teeth.
Odds are roughly 2-1 against getting a place IIRC, so not exactly!

It doesn't matter if your on your own, probably better in fact as you won't have anyone to keep up with or wait for.
If it's the same as last year, any supporters can follow you on the rider tracker website. Just don't let them expect to ride quickly through Vauxhall to go between viewing points, as motorists will probably be causing jams and crashes trying to ignore the road closure signs there, near the middle of a run of eight closed or local-access-only bridges from Westminster to Putney.

Tin Pot

Guru
Did it last year, don't cancel, just do it, you won't get a choice on your start time, that will be given to you. Mega event worth doing particularly as you got a place which it seems is as rare as hens teeth. It doesn't matter if your on your own, probably better in fact as you won't have anyone to keep up with or wait for.

Yeah that's the attitude I had when I signed up but I've got a personal matter to deal with that's making me want to put it off.

Also, now I'm thinking of some of the hassle you can get caught up in. I should be in pretty good shape if I don't ruin myself at IMUK two weeks before, and if I get a clear run I might put the hammer down.

100TT on a roadie might be fun.

Top Bottom