riding at night, anyone else?

If I ride at night I generally have 3 rear lights and 2 front lights
front ones are one (or two) to be seen
and one that is bright and points a bit down but a quick nudge and it will illuminate everything in front

but the main routes I would like to ride have - over the last few years - been in the papers for cyclists being attacked at night

so that is just a no go

Slick

Guru
If I ride at night I generally have 3 rear lights and 2 front lights
front ones are one (or two) to be seen
and one that is bright and points a bit down but a quick nudge and it will illuminate everything in front

but the main routes I would like to ride have - over the last few years - been in the papers for cyclists being attacked at night

so that is just a no go
Why would you want to ride in Greenock at night? 😜

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Just back from night ride to check lights ahead of an audax brevet

8B304B20-3047-4794-B80A-8DF11AF8871D.jpeg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
on late shifts coming home after midnight and i dont like cycling along the single track country lanes even with enough lights to land a plane as its very spooky with the noises coming from the hedgerows so i end up going out of my way to stay on the main roads.oddly enough on early shift maybe 4 and a half hours later its doesnt bother me although its more downhill so i can "outrun" the ghoulies :smile:

Just back from night ride to check lights ahead of an audax brevet

View attachment 625891
and I thought I was over the top with 3 lights back and front reflective tape everywhere!!

still - I am still waiting for the first Sorry Mate Didn;t See You - although I do sometimes almost want a minor bump where a driver says this just so I can poitn at the lights and tape and clothes and sigh:eek:

simongt

Veteran
As about half my commute is along rural roads, when I work late shifts, it's nice just to take in the mostly peacful ride home. This year I'm planning to do some night rides during the summer when there's a full moon ( and hopefully few clouds - ! :rolleyes: ). Just turn night into day with the timing and see how it pans out - ! :okay:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
and I thought I was over the top with 3 lights back and front reflective tape everywhere!!

still - I am still waiting for the first Sorry Mate Didn;t See You - although I do sometimes almost want a minor bump where a driver says this just so I can poitn at the lights and tape and clothes and sigh:eek:

That’s just the fairy lights. They are nothing compared to the dynamo front light. But brighten up the ride for me without affecting night vision.

Top Bottom