Riding without pedal reflectors. OK or not?

It illegal to ride at night without pedal reflectors visible from behind so is it OK to do it?

• Yes, I do it all the time

Votes: 101 74.8%
  • No, I always obey the law

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • I don't ride at night

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • What are pedals?

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:tired:

apollo179

So is it ok to break the pedal reflector law if it is not possible to get reflectors for your pedals.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
You seem to know a fair bit so it was interesting bouncing a few ideas off you.

You know as well as I you are not "bouncing ideas of me" but rather trying to find a chink in my armour.

on the road

Über Member
:rolleyes:

I've ridden at night many times with both front and rear lights but no pedal reflectors and no front and rear reflector and never been stopped for not having any reflectors. At one time I had to ride through a police checkpoint, they held me up so they could let a car out that they had stopped but never pulled me up for having no reflectors. I've even had police drive passed me while I was out on the bike at night and never got pulled by them.

There's more serious crimes for them to deal with rather then spend their time on someone who had no pedal relectors.

apollo179

You know as well as I you are not "bouncing ideas of me" but rather trying to find a chink in my armour.

Willing to dish it out but cant take it yourself ?
Im dissappointed you resorted to offensive name calling that necessitated the intervention of the moderator.
I cant afford an expensaive lawyer - so im asking you.
Your opinion ?
Is it ok to break the pedal reflector law if it is not possible to get reflectors for your pedals.

apollo179

[QUOTE 1514354"]
You are an idiot without an opinion who on this thread and others has had nothing to contribute at all. Merely trying to score points with AFS much to the annoyance of other CCer's who have had to sift through pages of meaningless bullshit.

As for your second question without the question mark. It's not ok and it is ok and as to the point that people don't really give a **** , just the same as the Police would not give a **** if they pulled you over. This was pointed out by Vike many many moons and pages ago. But you have missed this because of the above.:rolleyes: :tired:
[/quote]

I have an opinion that i express.
This opinion may be contrary to the majority on cycle chat.
A few narrow minded people seem to resent any view other than there own being expressed and like User3143 resort to cowardly name calling.
Angelfishsolo has been berating me about my opinions on rlj , bso etc from the day i joined cycle chat and i have with good humour replied and tried to defend myself.
I respond in the same way throwing a few questions at angelfishsolo and i get called all kind of names.
User3143 your posts have a history of being quite stupid and this one is no different.
I suggest all you hateful types just ignore my posts.
If that is the outcome that the aggressive haters leave me alone then : job done - happy days.

lukesdad

Oh dear are we still at it ? Try and think outside the box for a moment some of you !
What about the peeps who insist on riding without lights. Bikes are not supplied with lights but are supplied with reflectors. There is a reason for the law and thats why its not archaic.

Another thing to ponder Criminals opperate at night and a lot of the time their chosen mode of transport is a bike without lights?

And another cyclist lying partially concealed on a country lane after an accident lights disloged or broken. Whats a car headlights going to pick up.

I dont care whether you use them or not, but please dont slate people, just because you havn t thought it through properly !

Top Bottom